The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello from Boston, Massachusetts! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10923)

cherandbuster 06-04-2006 08:51 AM

Hello from Boston, Massachusetts!

Hello Cellar Friends!

I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself! I hope to be reading a lot and posting a lot in the near future. You seem like an interesting bunch of people and I'd like to be a part of The Cellar.

Until we meet again . . .

Cher

slang 06-04-2006 10:58 AM

Hello C & B

Welcome to the Cellar.

Boston proper or one of the surrounding sub-cities? I've spent time in West Roxbury and Taunton.

cherandbuster 06-04-2006 12:29 PM

Hey Slang, happy to meet ya!

I'm actually right near Taunton. Next town over!

Thanks for the welcome!:)

xoxoxoBruce 06-04-2006 07:43 PM

Your not that far from the stadium, then. :D

Griff 06-05-2006 06:43 AM

Welcome aboard! go yanks:)

petecart 06-05-2006 07:01 AM

The Cellar: Warmest, Driest, Nicest place on the 'net

Howdy Bostonian Transplant,

Welcome.

Some of us don't post much, but we do lurk a lot.

Boston is a crazy town. We live up in Vermont, Burlington-style, so if you're ever in need of a road trip, hail up the Vermont posse and we'll take a trip across the border to Canadia: it's only 35 miles.

It's like a whole 'nother country up there.

I hope you enjoy The Cellar: a site more useful and entertaining than Salon, but charges much less.

Thank You Too Undertoad for sponsoring this delightful madness.

Peace, Scoot.

--PC

http://www.leahbean.com/pages/LateApril2006/

Pangloss62 06-05-2006 08:35 AM

Boston, My Old Home Town

Hey Cher.

I used to live and work all around Boston (Newton, Natick, Needham, Wellesley, Brookline). I wonder if they still have that dog racing place near you. Be careful about that Red Sox fever; it's very dangerous and even life-threatening.

Welcome!

Maui Nick 06-05-2006 09:02 AM

Hi Cher!

Who's Buster, and when does (s)he introduce him(her)self?

BigV 06-05-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Welcome aboard! go away yanks:)

corrected.

:grin:

xoxoxoBruce 06-05-2006 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui Nick
Hi Cher!

Who's Buster, and when does (s)he introduce him(her)self?

Buster's a Chihuahua, Nick...... don't know if he can type though. :D

Lot's of Boston connections here.
I lived in Boston a couple years while I was going to school.
Lived in Medford a couple years while I worked at Tufts and then worked in Waltham.
Got married at the Episcopal Church in Boston.

Oh, got cousins in Burlington, too.

JayMcGee 06-05-2006 08:01 PM

jeez, you guys.... your geography is so mixed up, poor dears...

Taunton is nowhere near Boston, and Crufts is definatelty not held at Waltham.... no wonder your foreign policy is all ..... slightly askew.....

cherandbuster 06-06-2006 06:49 AM

Hi Guys!

My responses to all your nice messages:

1) Bruce, you are correct, sir! I am about 20 minutes or so from the Patriots' playground.

2) Oh Griff, you and I are are gonna have problems. Baseball problems. Your Yanks managed to whip our @#$%^^&*! last night but tonight's another night!!!

3) PC, thanks for the New England welcome! My hubby went to school in Canada (McGill University in Montreal) and he holds Canada very near and dear to his heart.

4) Hello Pangloss! You lived in the nice areas around Boston. I went to school in Boston (Northeastern Univ) and hung out in those places too. And yes, the Raynham-Taunton dog track is still alive and thriving -- it's parking lot is full all day and night -- despite ballot ammendments to close it down.

5) Hi Maui Nick -- Bruce is right (is he always right??) - Buster is a chihuahua. Alas, he cannot type . . . but he is writing his memoir out longhand as we speak!

6) Big V -- I LOVE YOU for changing Griff's Yankee signature! You will always have a special place in my heart for that one!

7) Jay McGee, Taunton (which is near where I live) is about 45 minutes southeast of Boston. But to those who live elsewhere, it does seem pretty close!

Thanks for the hearty cellar welcome!

Cher

slang 06-06-2006 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMcGee
Taunton is nowhere near Boston

Good. My geo is not off. It's just far enough away to avoid the Masshole drivers while being in the thick of strange dialect. :)

cherandbuster 06-06-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang
It's just far enough away to avoid the Masshole drivers :)

You said it, Slang. Our drivers can be brutal.

Not me -- I'm one of the good ones:)

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

5) Hi Maui Nick -- Bruce is right (is he always right??) - Buster is a chihuahua. Alas, he cannot type . . . but he is writing his memoir out longhand as we speak!
No, I'm not always right...but always opinionated. ;)
I graduated from Wentworth in '64.