The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

plthijinx 01-15-2011 04:23 AM

i'm falling into my funk again. i need a project.

monster 01-15-2011 09:12 AM

Learn to knit if you can't already

Lamplighter 01-15-2011 09:50 AM

I think the Houston Ship Channel needs some cleanning up

plthijinx 01-18-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 705840)
I think the Houston Ship Channel needs some cleanning up

lol and then some! i drive over it every time i go to work and back on 610. it's nasty but fascinating at the same time. quite beautiful at night. all the refineries and all. then again, maybe you have to be in engineering to appreciate it....i dunno.

Griff 01-18-2011 04:37 PM

martial arts? You could two bird that fitness thing as well.

plthijinx 01-18-2011 04:53 PM

very true and that is something i'd like to do. matter of fact my roommate used to be an aikedo (sp?) instructor. i'd love to do martial arts.

HungLikeJesus 01-18-2011 05:22 PM

Marital arts?

Griff 01-18-2011 06:11 PM

takes too much time to master

BigV 01-18-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 705798)
Looks like food to me, that tail ought to yield a few pounds of meat. The skin is worth a fortune to the Italians for hand bags and shoes.

That is a fact, jack. Reptile *scraps* fetch $85 a pound at my local leather shop.

morethanpretty 01-24-2011 09:49 PM

Stupid boyfriend is being stupid. He says he wants to quit his job this week after he gets paid the $5k his boss owes him, which is doubtful his boss will pay him all that since he's an asshole and has been sitting on about $1000 for 2months already. B/f says he can find another job quick, which is what he said when he quit his last job prematurely, and that did not happen. WTF? Does he learn nothing from his past mistakes? Oh and this breaks a promise where he said he wouldn't quit a job w/o having another one already. We live together, I rely on him to be able to pay his bills, and he owes me $1200 from me helping him out the last time he did this. Then he has the nerve to tell me that I shouldn't worry about it! That its not my problem! If he doesn't pay his portion of the bills I'm out on the street too! WTF?

Shawnee123 01-25-2011 01:20 PM

I almost forgot about the no fucking fun policy. Good to see it being endorsed by everyone, though.

monster 01-26-2011 11:42 AM

Just got an email I nearly junked without reading because it had no subject. Something made me read it, and it informed me of the death of a lovely lady whose holiday apartment we rented in France. It was attached to her house in the Cevennes, above her art and ceramic studio, and most evenings we'd join her and her husband for a glass of wine in their beautiful garden filled with fuschias of every type imaginable. Every Christmas she sent us lovely watercolor cards she had painted of the gorgeous scenery in her village. I always looked forward to them and have kept every one. I'm pretty sad right now. I think she was the wife of Banana lady's cousin. Family, but that wasn't what made her special. She loved to get pictures of the kids and asked after them, even though she only evey met Hebe as an infant. I vividly remember Hebe sitting in the hallway in that apartment with her hand over her ears and a look of shock on her face as she encountered a hairdryer for the first time. A happy time with lovely people. I always hoped to return to see her again.

Shawnee123 01-26-2011 11:55 AM

You know monster, sometimes I think the best we can hope for is that when we pass away, someone has such fond and beautiful memories of us. Sounds like a lovely person, and I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

monster 01-26-2011 12:04 PM

I need to compose a proper letter of condolence and I think I'll put these memories in. I'm going to try and root out a photo from that vacation to put on the front of a card. I think. I just talked to Banan lady, wasn't sure if she'd have checked her email and I'm glad i did -just recovering from cataract surgery she's finding it hard to read emails at the moment.
The email says the death was sudden and she was no spring chicken. I'm hoping it was not preceded by any suffering. A lovel ylady living out a dream retirement in the mountains in France. She lost her husband a good few years back, but still travelled back to England a lot to see her grandkids. She had a good life, I think, even though i didn't really know her all that well. We just always exchanged cards and the occasional snippet at christmas. I hope she got the card with the recent school pics we sent. we don't send them every year. I'm rambling. Sorry. Home alone all day.

monster 01-26-2011 12:05 PM

the email didn't say she was no spring chicken, that was all my tactless own wording. oh dear.