The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Aliantha 03-19-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 802445)
That wasn't harsh, honey, that was the fucking sugar-coated version.

Well, I think you can say things that people need to hear without making them feel worse about themselves.

If that was sugar coated, I doubt anyone would benefit from your alternative version.

HungLikeJesus 03-19-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 802462)
I'm doing manual labor.

Isn't he the president of Mexico?

classicman 03-19-2012 07:14 PM

no - Thats Emanuelle Labor'

infinite monkey 03-20-2012 09:36 AM

I sent the email. Actually, resent the one from Mar 02, with the updated spreadsheet and a new message.

Even the spreadsheet has the original date and is named "updated 0320."

We'll see.

Sigh...

DanaC 03-20-2012 10:46 AM

Sounds bloody miserable, Infi. I totally sympathise.

Sundae 03-20-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 802416)
Sundae - I reckon you've had enough time to bitch and moan about this problem. Maybe it's time to get the shit off the liver and say what you need to say to the relevant people, then get on with the job of helping your niece. She's going to need your love and support a lot more than your resentment, and although it doesn't happen often, I tend to agree with monsters post above even if it does sound a bit harsh.

I am done "bitching and moaning". In fact if Monster hadn't posted something I felt warranted an acknowledgement and furth explanation I would have written even less.

I doubt they want my love or support, but it will be on offer anyway.

HungLikeJesus 03-20-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 802539)
I sent the email. Actually, resent the one from Mar 02, with the updated spreadsheet and a new message.

Even the spreadsheet has the original date and is named "updated 0320."

We'll see.

Sigh...

What do you resent?

Oh, you resent it? Was it recent, the one you resent?

infinite monkey 03-20-2012 01:23 PM

Sorry. Typo. I meant "reazent" which means "to smack a smartass in the face, with gusto." ;)

limey 03-20-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 802552)
I doubt they want my love or support, but it will be on offer anyway.

Of course they do, you silly numpty!

Aliantha 03-20-2012 07:44 PM

Sorry Sundae. xx

I agree with limey above though.

bluecuracao 03-20-2012 08:48 PM

The job I was supposed to start this week fell through. Next time, I think I will keep my lip zipped until I'm at least a full week in. :cry:

ZenGum 03-20-2012 09:23 PM

Awww CRAP.

monster 03-20-2012 09:28 PM

Sundae, you will be invaluable to your niece. Do what you do best. Offer your shopping services. With her money for what she wants, getting the best deals as you know how. Shopping is one of the hardest things to do with 3-month-olds. Encourage her to invite her friends around, and bake cakes for her to serve.

"Offer love and support"? Either you love and you are there for her or you are not. No-one else can dictate that, it cannot be "stopped", it's not something to be "offered", it is unconditional. That said, it may not be well received. tough cookies for them. You love her, you're going to be there for her. period.

Why do you not see her breastfeeding? This is such a money saver as well as best for the baby. Even if you are revolted by the idea, it's surely in her best interest to try, so maybe you can be supportive there -I suspect from what you are saying (although i could be extrapolating wildly) that the family is not going to be supportive on that.... maybe because she's still their little girl and they can't even think of her having boobs never mind using them? She's going to need a strong advocate if she's going to try.

The list is endless. But what she doesn't need is to feel antagonism within the family. If what you can help her with is contrary to what the rest of the family thinks is a good idea, you need to just separate/back off a little bit from the family rather than stay close and get stressed about it. IMO

zippyt 03-20-2012 09:33 PM

Monstah be wise !!

Sundae 03-21-2012 03:11 AM

Re breastfeeding - I am all for it. I worked for a midwife for three years, and we sold and rented expressers and pumps and all that jazz.

I'm working on the assumption that the rates are very low for teens, her Mum didn't breastfeed (she found the idea revolting) and it is a longer process than bottle feeding; having twins I think she might reject it out of hand as being too hard.

I have taken all advice from here on board. And I do intend to try to get closer to her.
Mum saw her last night at football. They didn't talk about it. My sis has still not told my brother. My BIL refused to enter the bar because the father was seen in there.

I'm not the only fruitloop in the family.
Anyway, I'll move this from the upset thread because I'm not.

Going to ask her when her scan is. She'll probably know the sex then (identical twins) so I can start looking for deals for her. I'm already on board re the pushchair. Not sure if she'll listen though. I'll be suggesting best advice for health and she might want to go for the once with the prettiest parasol. She wouldn't be the first :)