The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "Your permanent record!" (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16972)

Griff 04-04-2008 12:35 PM

"Your permanent record!"

The lighter side of UT's present situation...

What's on your permanent record?

It turned out that there was to be no frisbee in the auditorium.

glatt 04-04-2008 12:38 PM

You can't play cops and robbers as a teenager without scaring the neighbors and getting the real cops involved in the chase through the woods.

Razzmatazz13 04-04-2008 12:43 PM

I was on honor roll for most of school, and was invited to the student achievement breakfast....twice

So I suppose that's on there :D

Flint 04-04-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 443790)
You can't play cops and robbers as a teenager without scaring the neighbors and getting the real cops involved in the chase through the woods.

Also, when you're in junior high, and you sneak out to go to the store, in a town that has a curfew, and you're going through a bank parking lot and you see headlights coming at you (and you don't know that it's a cop, checking on what you're doing at the bank in the middle of the night) and you run and hide in the bushes, don't stay hidden and refuse to some out until the cops have to call out the searchlights and helicopters to find you.

glatt 04-04-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 443792)
searchlights and helicopters

I bet the cops are in a great mood when they find you after that, just like after a run through the muddy woods because they didn't know where the swampy section was.

Shawnee123 04-04-2008 12:53 PM

:lol2:

I have my HS grad tassle hanging from my rear view window still. Or not. :headshake

I was, however, on the Dean's OTHER list. ;)

SteveDallas 04-04-2008 01:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't believe I ever did anything to draw negative attention from the school authorities either. Still....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 443791)
I was on honor roll for most of school, and was invited to the student achievement breakfast....twice

So I suppose that's on there :D

smoothmoniker 04-04-2008 03:17 PM

Breaking and entering, Joy-riding, possession of a weapon on campus, held the school record for number of times placed in and then removed from the honors program, won 1st prize at the county science fair, had to give it back when they found out I'd cheated ...

Ya know, typical bored-with-school stuff.

Clodfobble 04-04-2008 04:24 PM

In 8th grade I loosely implied in science class that a particular girl might be an example of a cow-human hybrid (her last name was Cowan, see.) Too many people got it and laughed, so the teacher figured it out and I got sent to the assistant principal's office for bullying, despite the fact that this girl and I were decent acquaintances and I was far-more-often-than-not the victim of bullying at that age... While waiting in the office for my verbal beatdown, the staff kept sending me off to run errands for them, because they all knew me from Student Council and assumed I must be there on official good-kid business.

barefoot serpent 04-04-2008 04:55 PM

Fortunately, I was in class when the assistant principals car was torched. Otherwise, I'd still be doin' life in Folsom.

Cicero 04-04-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot serpent (Post 443840)
Fortunately, I was in class when the assistant principals car was torched. Otherwise, I'd still be doin' life in Folsom.

Oh so that's your story and you are sticking to it? Riiiight.
lol!

Sundae 04-04-2008 06:40 PM

Apparently, if you climb tree to a read a book and stay there for a couple of hours when you're 14 (because you are late in hitting puberty and hate sharing a bedroom with your boy-mad sister) it is necessary to send the police to investigate your anti-social tendencies. They then explain to your bright red face that you are on council property (despite you playing there all of your childhood) and - obviously seeing you are about to cry - say they were only called because there had been vandalism in the are recently and people are worried.

Oh and for some reason at 17 you are not supposed to give your 18 year old boyfriend a BJ in a secluded layby. And you will spend the next 6 months feeling sick every time the phone rings or you hear the doorbell, thinking the police have decided to follow it up because you were too humiliated to give a false name and address.

xoxoxoBruce 04-05-2008 08:27 PM

I can use my permanent record for a chair... make that a bar stool. :o

Cicero 04-06-2008 12:34 PM

I think we should inquire about xo's permanent record. The older you are the more time you have to screw up. So...Bruce, care to spill the juicy details...hmmmm? *nosey*
:)
Any good ones so when I try and work my way out of my next jam I may draw on your wisdom? (I just worry about next not if)

xoxoxoBruce 04-06-2008 05:52 PM

I'd have to check the statute if limitations first.