The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coal Rollers? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30250)

Griff 07-06-2014 11:46 AM

Coal Rollers?

I've noticed a couple local douchebags driving POS Dodge pickups with heavy black smoke pouring out of stacks in their beds. I assumed it was a couple isolated assholes experimenting with fuel or just running poorly tuned crap motors then I saw this on a dubious website so I looked further.

Urban Dictionary has a nice description.

When stupid-ass white trash people turn the injection pump up on rickety-ass broken down 12V Cummins-powered Dodges and subsequently install 5" smokestacks in the bed of said Dodge. Then said WT decides to post youtube videos of their truck blanketing neighborhoods with black diesel soot.

Apparently, it's a political statement against environmentalism or Obama or common sense. Go us!

Gravdigr 07-06-2014 01:49 PM

It's kinda stupid is what it is.

Sundae 07-06-2014 02:25 PM

I support that as freedom of expression! In the same way I'd support someone wearing a Meat Is Murder badge scarfing down an expensive vegetarian meal just to walk into a steak restaurant and puke it up on someone's table.

I hope these coal rollers run their pickups outside their own houses.
Because if this stuff doesn't pollute then you won't mind it on your driveway, right?

fargon 07-06-2014 03:51 PM

We have a couple of those around here, the Cops keep them under control.

Griff 07-06-2014 05:17 PM

So it really is a thing, that's just weird. I'd hate to see what they'd do to a cyclist.

orthodoc 07-06-2014 07:04 PM

It's a thing. I've seen it here.
:facepalm:

Elspode 07-06-2014 07:46 PM

I'm starting to wonder if fluoridation of our water supplies is causing people to turn into morons.

orthodoc 07-06-2014 07:58 PM

Maybe these folks had diesel exhaust piped into their nurseries. Or Confederate/Republican exhaust, which would be far more harmful.

The sad irony is that many, many of the people in my region who do this, or agree with this sort of 'statement', claim to be Republicans - but live completely on public assistance. The disconnect is staggering. They come from ancestors who suffered unimaginable harm from the coal and steel barons of the day, and they still suffer from the environmental devastation that those barons and their successors have wrought - yet they consider themselves in alignment with the barons. I suspect it's more a sense of loving their country and, in particular, their regional place, than truly sympathizing with those who have harmed them.

DanaC 07-07-2014 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 903857)
I'm starting to wonder if fluoridation of our water supplies is causing people to turn into morons.

Nah....fluoride in the water just helps stop tooth decay :P

It's the moronide that turns people into morons.

Sundae 07-07-2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 903869)
It's the Angel Moroni that turns people into morons.

Naughty!

Spexxvet 07-07-2014 09:30 AM

I'm mostly non-violent, but I'd like to see the fumes pumped into the cab of the truck for awhile, or the owners face jammed into the exhaust pipe.

elSicomoro 07-07-2014 02:39 PM

I've been seeing these more in my neck of the woods...I think some of them have had truck nutz as well. This is good...this reminds me that I'm dealing with some dumbasses with small dicks and brains.

My neighbor just has the truck nutz...on a Ford Ranger...oy...

Gravdigr 07-07-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orthodoc (Post 903859)
I suspect it's more a sense of loving their country and, in particular, their regional place, than truly sympathizing with those who have harmed them.

It's about Look At Me™. I got a $40,000 pick up truck. And that's all it's about.

You ask 99% of these dumbasses a politically oriented question and they will look at you like you just spoke Russian.

orthodoc 07-08-2014 07:26 PM

I was trying to be generous. But I concede your point.

maineiac04631 07-10-2014 11:09 PM

Maybe they are trying to show up the honda civics with the fart can exhausts.

Let's roll some coal!