The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What new thing have you learned today ? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23534)

monster 01-27-2011 09:44 AM

See, you can't buy gas like that in the UK. At least you couldn't when I left. And they certainly can't hit your card for more than you will spend like they do here.

Gravdigr 01-27-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 708477)
Like I say I dont Know if its ture or Not , Just sounded like Sound advice to me ,
I Do know that at like a Gas Pump if you use yer ATM ( Dept ) card , when you swipe your card to start the Pump they AUTOMATICALY Hit your Account for like $70 , then Credit your account Back after a few days ,
So if yer rideing on that Thin ragged edge of Low funds , they can hit you with OVERDRAFT charges even when you Have $14.72 Left in yer account

W.T.F? What, are they using the extra and earning interest, or what?

Datalyss 01-27-2011 04:58 PM

I've learned that I've finally had it with the rules of 'The Island' (a.k.a. Ex Isle Forums).

I've also learned that Twitter is confusing to me.

I've also learned that:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/20...dead_chimp.jpg

zippyt 01-27-2011 10:23 PM

From what I Understand Grav if you go Over what you have in your account the bank will still approve the transaction , THEN Hit you with a Overdraft charge EVEN though when the gas company Credits yer account BACK ( A few days latter )
You should have HEARD the Yelling when we went Over by $.05 once , fuckers hit us with a $30 Over draft charge

plthijinx 01-27-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 708627)

From what I Understand Grav if you go Over what you have in your account the bank will still approve the transaction , THEN Hit you with a Overdraft charge EVEN though when the gas company Credits yer account BACK ( A few days latter )
You should have HEARD the Yelling when we went Over by $.05 once , fuckers hit us with a $30 Over draft charge

hopefully you truly raped their ass over that one. that's totally messed up.

zippyt 01-27-2011 10:52 PM

Oh Carol Got after them !!

monster 01-28-2011 07:17 AM

I learned some new American Sign Language.

Nirvana 01-28-2011 11:56 AM

Jellyfish have the potential to live indefinitely...

BigV 01-28-2011 12:45 PM

I learned how to request control using MS's Remote Assistance system.

10000x harder than needed. *not* intuitive, to me.

Clodfobble 01-29-2011 09:48 AM

Earlier this week I learned that one of the lesser-known tenets of Mormonism is that each family is supposed to keep at least a year's worth of food in storage, for "hard times." This was explained to me by a socially abrupt redhead girl of about 13 or so, who was working with me to unload the truck that had just delivered our new co-op's food order. (I got a ton of organic produce for half the price of our local stores, while her family was getting 25-lb. bags of flour, cornmeal, that sort of thing.)

She and her 8 siblings were wearing homemade clothes.

I was unfortunately wearing my "What Would Batman Do?" t-shirt.

Griff 01-29-2011 10:44 AM

I'm sure you represented an alternate reality which she will tuck away for future reference.

ZenGum 01-29-2011 05:54 PM

I don't know about a year's worth, but at least a couple of weeks is a good idea. It was amazing in the recent floods to see car loads of adults driving around in frustration ... '"we just want to buy some milk!!!". Supplies had been cut for about three days.

footfootfoot 01-29-2011 06:21 PM

I learned that if you want to make the first turn sledding down Don's driveway you really have to lean way over and jam the steering for all your worth. THEN you can really carve a nice turn.

Also you have to hug the inside.

zippyt 01-29-2011 08:27 PM

Foot My Moms drive way was the Same way , You had to start on the EXTREAM left , Long Sweeping turn from Left to right . and catch the Edge of the side walk or yer Tumbling accross the Ashfault , been there Done that , Advised the nepheu on the Skate board , he tumbled ,then Listened to me and Made it

wolf 01-29-2011 08:53 PM

Store Brand bacon really isn't worth it, even if it is on really good sale. Stick with the local stuff, or the Oscar Mayer.