The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Say "I told you so" before it's too late (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28540)

infinite monkey 01-16-2013 08:39 AM

Say "I told you so" before it's too late

Here's where you say things so that later you can say I TOLD YOU SO! And gloat and stuff.

I never said anything, seeing how he lost a ball and all, but I never did trust that beady-eyed Lance Armstrong. I really never liked him, but I figured it was NonAmerican (DisAmerican?) to not like him.

Beady eyes. A dead giveaway. Every time.

I lost my chance to say I TOLD YOU SO. And to gloat and stuff.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

Trilby 01-16-2013 08:41 AM

I didn't like him when he dumped Sheryl Crow b/c she wanted a baby then immediately hooked up with another chick and had a baby. Very Richard Gere-ish of him.

Guys are so weird.

Spexxvet 01-16-2013 08:46 AM

I've been dying to "told you so" a cow orker, so I'll do it here. She supported Chris Christie when he ran for governor, saying how public sector employees needed to have their pay/benefits "adjusted". Her husband is a professional fire fighter for a local municipality. I told her that Christie's policies would end up affecting her and her husband negatively. She insisted that because he worked locally, nothing would change. Now, her husband is paying more for healthcare, and getting no raises.

Told her so.

glatt 01-16-2013 08:50 AM

At first I didn't care about Lance Armstrong, but then as I learned more about him, I didn't like him. It was during the whole dumping his wife to be with Cheryl Crow thing. His wife stood by him through cancer and took care of the family while he was off riding bikes. And he dumps her so he could be with a celebrity. Then when he continued to deny cheating when it was obvious he was lying, and now that it's convenient to tell the truth, he's telling the truth. The guy has always done the self serving convenient thing. He's a tool now and always has been.

footfootfoot 01-16-2013 09:43 AM

My MIL's cousin lives in Germany and when I brought the question up with him several years ago he laughed and said, we've known about it for years in Germany. It's only in the US that people think he's clean; they don't want to lose their hero.

limey 01-16-2013 10:17 AM

I didn't say so at the time, and it's kind of old news now, but I always thought Jimmy Saville was creepy. I couldn't understand why everyone liked him when he was so plainly and obviously false.
Never liked him, but didn't say so at the time.

Sundae 01-16-2013 10:32 AM

Britain entering an Arctic Winter?
Snow all day every day for the whole month of January?

No.
Wrong.
And I knew this even before the first flake fell.

Pico and ME 01-16-2013 04:55 PM

Yeah, I always thought he was a dick too.

footfootfoot 01-16-2013 05:15 PM

not even a dick, he is a putz

ZenGum 01-16-2013 05:55 PM

It is my opinion that Lance Armstrong is/has one of the sociopathic personality disorders, probably not the classic sociopath because he lacks the impulsiveness, but more likely the narcissistic personality type - shameless lying, amoral using and abusing of other people, doing it all for his own indulgence, etc. This "admission" is equally self-serving, just trying to get his career back. He's such an egocentrist he may well destroy the sport of cycling as we know it by implicating the sport's governing body in cover-ups and getting it banned from the Olympics.
Fuck him.

footfootfoot 01-16-2013 06:08 PM

and the bike he rode in on?

limey 01-17-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 848552)
and the bike he rode in on?

Haggis!

ZenGum 01-17-2013 05:14 AM

No! The bike was framed.

Griff 01-17-2013 05:48 AM

[shit] Time to ban those bikes before another rider cheats! [/stirrer]

Armstrong didn't invent cheating in cycling although he may have perfected it. He was the top douche of many douches in the sport. The sport has been dirty a long time, he took it to another level but there were European riders cheating long before he got there... and yes he is a sociopath.

monster 07-16-2013 09:41 PM

That new wonder ingredient-replacement/health product/answer to everything Soy will be found to be responsible for some hideous family of diseases that will occur in the next generation.

Royal baby will have Frances/Francis as a middle name.