The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I've been back to the nuthouse... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28889)

morethanpretty 04-16-2013 09:11 PM

I've been back to the nuthouse...

These past few months have been difficult for me as you may know. I've been going downhill since before I lost my job and then after I lost it, things have just been piling on.
Last Wednesday I attempted to take my own life with sleeping pills. My mom found me before too long and called 911 and I was admitted into an in-patient care hospital. I was released yesterday, but I'm continuing treatment through day hospital for about another week. That means I go every weekday from 9-3 and attend different types of support groups and see my psychiatrist. I do have a positive outlook now, I'm taking meds as prescribed and I'm cutting out alcohol and weed completely.
My diagnosis hasn't changed from last year, they still think I am bipolar and have an anxiety disorder.
Anyway, if any one was wondering what was up with me, thats it.

zippyt 04-16-2013 09:14 PM

Daym Moar !!!!!! Get betterer Damb it !!!!

xoxoxoBruce 04-16-2013 09:25 PM

:redcard: infraction! You are not allowed to OD without checking with us first, and filling out forms Cellar 1-A, and Cellar 1-B, which may only be obtained from UT or the Mods, in person.

So do what the shrink says, and lets have no more of that shit.

Glad you're OK... at least on the road to OK. ;)

jimhelm 04-16-2013 10:12 PM

Thank your mom for us.

I hope you can find an end to the suffering that drove you to that place. One that will see the sun rise the next morning. Stay in the moment, honey. Dont dwell on things past or future.

And, please, next time you feel like you need help, tell us. We are your real life imaginary friends, and we love you.

Smoooooch.

ZenGum 04-17-2013 12:17 AM

I don't know what to say, but :comfort:

DanaC 04-17-2013 02:01 AM

What the rest have said: Goddamn Moar. I hate the thought we nearly lost you.

I was worried when you last posted about you stopping your meds. Not sure if that was anything to do with it (causal or symptomatic). But please, sweetie, be careful. Do everything, starting and stopping meds, with medical advice. The world needs more Moar not less.

Glad you're ok and have help. Come rail at us when things get shitty.

Flint 04-17-2013 02:03 AM

Do we have to whack you on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper? Cut that shit out.

limey 04-17-2013 02:09 AM

Welcome back, Moar, in every sense. Please sttay! X

Sent by thought transference

Clodfobble 04-17-2013 07:36 AM

It sounds like you're feeling better now, so I'm grateful for that. Give your mom a huge hug from all of us. I know she drives you bats at times, but she loves you and so do we.

infinite monkey 04-17-2013 07:40 AM

What everyone said.

It's hard work, getting better...but you're worth it Moar. We are always here to talk to.

glatt 04-17-2013 07:42 AM

I'm glad you got help and are taking your meds. We care about you moar, and want you to do well. I hope it gets easier.

wolf 04-17-2013 11:13 AM

Let every day be different and embrace even the small lessons and gifts that come to you.

Glad to hear that you are doing better. Keep up with the partial, yes, it can seem like a drag, but it will enhance your opportunity to succeed.

Be well.

morethanpretty 04-18-2013 10:00 PM

Thank you all for the kindness. My mom has received many hugs and kisses on the cheek. She, my dad and I are still working out some of the issues between us but they seem willing to get some education on my disease and what they can do to help. I had a good day in therapy and even feel like I had a bit of an epiphany about how I need to set up my own internal boundaries to the things they sometimes say that I take to heart.

orthodoc 04-18-2013 10:05 PM

Glad to hear that things are progressing. Keep going, just take things a bit at a time.

infinite monkey 04-19-2013 07:15 AM

*gives moar a big hug*

You're on a good path, hon. It ain't easy but you are teh awesome and you can do it!