The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Sports (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fantasy Football 2009 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20717)

lumberjim 07-22-2009 11:05 PM

Fantasy Football 2009

It's time to create the league, and start researching for the draft.

who's in this year?!

last year's champion was Pete....she beat sycamore. I think it was all because of how cool her helmet was.

The bullies WILL make the playoffs this year, dammit.

Undertoad 07-22-2009 11:14 PM

in

zippyt 07-22-2009 11:19 PM

also In
TROOP !!
TROOP!!
TROOP!!!

jinx 07-22-2009 11:27 PM

I'm in. Not gonna be the dirty hippies again though...

lumberjim 07-22-2009 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've re done the bullies' helmet for the new season....

W.HI.P 07-23-2009 01:10 AM

can we move this over to yahoo so we can actually pick the players we get, otherwise, its kind of meaningless.
i mean if you're leaving the players you'll get, to chance....its not really your team.
half the fun of fantasy is the draft.

glatt 07-23-2009 07:24 AM

I'm in again. It was fun last year and actually caused me to watch a game on tv.

Shawnee123 07-23-2009 07:51 AM

Can you explain it a little? I might like to play, but I don't want to commit if it takes a lot of time, being a slacker in my off-hours and all. Since I no longer really have a football team, I can see how it would make the season more exciting, and I love football just never really have anything to get into it about these days.

glatt 07-23-2009 08:06 AM

Takes about twenty minutes a week for basic participation, which is what I did.

If you want to get more into it than that, you can watch all the games and read all the news and make elaborate plans. You have your team, and the website tells you if any of your players are injured or are sitting out because they have no game scheduled that week. If that's the case for any player, you need to put a substitute in their place. As you follow the players' performances during the season, you may be unhappy with someone and want to trade him, so you look at the list of available players and make the trade. You should do that earlier in the week, because it takes a day or so to process it. You always want to have your full team ready to play once each weekend arrives.

It's hard to explain without the website to look at, but it's really pretty well organized and easy. All the information you need is right there.

Shawnee123 07-23-2009 08:31 AM

OK, I'm in. Sounds like fun.

lumberjim 07-23-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.HI.P (Post 583326)
can we move this over to yahoo so we can actually pick the players we get, otherwise, its kind of meaningless.
i mean if you're leaving the players you'll get, to chance....its not really your team.
half the fun of fantasy is the draft.

NFL dot com has a live draft option, whip.....but ...again.... theres no way we're all going to get logged in at a predetermined time and spend 4 hours doing a live draft. do that with your sports betting buddies. the automated draft works ok if you spend some time devising your strategy, and ranking the players you want.

glatt 07-23-2009 08:44 AM

I'm a fan of letting the computer pick them for you. You can get a decent team that way.

Griff 07-23-2009 01:12 PM

Pete and Griff are in.

I agree with Jim on draft style. You can strategize with NFLcom it is just a different kind of strategy and as glatt says you can let things slide and still get a decent squad.

W.HI.P 07-23-2009 01:27 PM

ok, lets keep it at nfl.com, but at least make it a live draft.
whoever wants to be there can be there, whoever can't make it, can't.
for those who aren't there, it makes no difference as they'll draft just like they would if its not a live draft.

SteveDallas 07-23-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 583314)
I've re done the bullies' helmet for the new season....

I might use that with the "s" changed to a "d'.