The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   voting (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33850)

Griff 01-03-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1022208)
That's rather vague.

There are many ways to skin a cat.
Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 1022216)
If you're lookin' to waste time: go for it.

Example: Through non-violent protest, folks from my workplace were very successful getting curb cuts put in throughout the city and University making it possible for wheel-chair bound individuals to live regular lives and become less dependent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 1022327)
If you can explain what 'secually active' entails, I might consider it. If it involves secession then you're talking the 1860's.🎩

Ha!

henry quirk 01-03-2019 05:41 PM

"Through non-violent protest, folks from my workplace were very successful getting curb cuts put in throughout the city and University making it possible for city planners, architects, and concrete companies to make a buck offa taxpayers."

:thumb:

Flint 01-03-2019 05:51 PM

henry, don't you care about people in wheelchairs?

henry quirk 01-03-2019 06:04 PM

"henry, don't you care about people in wheelchairs?"

Nope.

Griff 01-03-2019 08:31 PM

I believe we are done. I've enjoyed our little talk.

henry quirk 01-03-2019 09:16 PM

:thumb:

xoxoxoBruce 01-03-2019 11:54 PM

Don't forget there are many people who are smarter, meaner, better equipped, and a better shot than you are. Always.

Flint 01-04-2019 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1022417)
henry, don't you care about people in wheelchairs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 1022422)
Nope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1022431)
I believe we are done. I've enjoyed our little talk.

This is why people get called Nazis.

Griff 01-05-2019 08:29 AM

Yeah, this is why I've evolved into more of a pragmatist. To become such an individualist that you oppose government assisting in the liberation of others makes no sense to me. Government exists, if you want good governance you have to engage with it. Libertarianism has become a way to convince people not to engage with their government assuring government which does not represent their interests.

xoxoxoBruce 01-05-2019 08:58 AM

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Undertoad 01-05-2019 09:02 AM

Libertarianism is on the opposite side of the political spectrum of authoritarianism/fascism.

The good authoritarian idea is we make curb cuts because sidewalks should work well for everyone.

The bad authoritarian idea is that we hobble the "privileged" abled so that disabled people have "equality".

We need the abled to engineer, spec, and build those curb cuts. So hobbling them is a total disaster and won't lead to equality at all! Source: pretty much every authoritarian nation ever.

If we were rich, and had plenty of engineers, we could develop wheelchairs that could easily manage curbs and even climb stairs.

henry quirk 01-05-2019 10:04 AM

"Don't forget there are many people who are smarter, meaner, better equipped, and a better shot than you are. Always."

And some of 'em are in wheelchairs.

henry quirk 01-05-2019 10:06 AM

"This is why people get called Nazis."

Heil Hitler.

henry quirk 01-05-2019 10:29 AM

"Yeah, this is why I've evolved into more of a pragmatist. To become such an individualist that you oppose government assisting in the liberation of others makes no sense to me. Government exists, if you want good governance you have to engage with it. Libertarianism has become a way to convince people not to engage with their government assuring government which does not represent their interests."

...equals...

Yeah, this is why I've evolved into a slave. To be a free man and oppose being turned into a resource for others makes me scared. Governors exist. And, since we all want to be on the governors' good side we should do as told. Libertarianism is 'bad' because it reminds people the governors are employees and governors don't like that. Libertarianism is 'wrong' because it highlghts the natural tension between those who govern and those governed, a tension governors very much want to eliminate so as to better 'govern' (rule).

...equals...

I've accepted my lot, which is to be bent over. Libertarians, with all their shennanigans, endanger my lube supply.

henry quirk 01-05-2019 10:30 AM

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Yes, I am.