The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Juniper 10-24-2008 12:39 PM

I'm still kind of a n00b so this is a little presumptuous, but here goes -- that's OK C, we love you anyway. ;) ::hugs::

Understandable. When you're feeling kicked around already, it's normal to feel sensitive about everything else.

SteveDallas 10-24-2008 12:59 PM

Think nothing of it, Cicero.

Shawnee123 10-28-2008 12:37 PM

:bj:

No, not you, Cic. ;)

SteveDallas 10-28-2008 02:35 PM

Commercially-produced childrens' Halloween costumes suck. Big time. Especially (but not exclusively) the ones aimed at girls over the age of 8 or so.

lookout123 11-04-2008 09:53 AM

My monday night team had our semifinal game last night. I played the best I have in a very very long time. It was a really hard fought game and I was able to boss the midfield pretty effectively. So what's irritating? I don't remember taking any unusually hard hits, but I woke up with what looks like a purple baseball sticking out of the side of my knee. It hurts.

Clodfobble 11-04-2008 11:11 AM

Wasn't this the knee you were supposed to be taking it easy on since you weren't going to have the surgery?

footfootfoot 11-05-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 496792)
I stuck some leftovers in the oven to reheat, and then got so distracted by other crap that just minutes later I made and ate an entirely different lunch for myself. Just as I was rinsing my plate, the oven timer started beeping to let me know what an idiot I am.

Sounds like a reefer flashback if there is such a thing, or as my wife says "I'm a nursing mom." (Get out of jail free card)

Razzmatazz13 11-05-2008 09:56 PM

What's been irritating me? No cellar time. Evar. Grr.

elSicomoro 11-05-2008 09:58 PM

You. You've been irritating me. Yeah...you.

Juniper 11-05-2008 10:20 PM

Got an exam back today. Even if I got 100 on the final exam, I would still be just short 1/3 point needed to get an A in the class.

:sniffle: my first B since I've been back in college. I am so sad.

Getting an A in everything else. :( And it's a stupid freshman level gen-ed class, too.

ZenGum 11-05-2008 11:50 PM

Mildly irritating me today is that I have lost my purple baseball.
It was an old favourite that a friend gave to me. I used to roll it against my knee to help me relax.
If anyone sees it, please let me know.

Shawnee123 11-06-2008 07:45 AM

I think I saw it in the boiler room. [\freddie krueger]

lookout123 11-06-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 500884)
Wasn't this the knee you were supposed to be taking it easy on since you weren't going to have the surgery?

Thankfully, no. It's the other knee. It's a lovely shade of blue now and has some fluid under the surface but nothing major. It'll be fine by when I get back in town for the league championship game next week. Which is good, because we're a bunch of thirty somethings and we'll be playing a local college team. It's going to hurt.

footfootfoot 11-06-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 501804)
I think I saw it in the boiler room. [\freddie krueger]

"I saw something nasty in the woodshed."
[/cold comfort farm]

Sundae 11-06-2008 01:17 PM

Not really irritating, but not really upsetting. You decide.

Landlady's eldest son has gone up to Liverpool. So they are looking after his cat.

In this house.

Now I am not for one second saying they are not entitled to do this. But it is awkward. The first I knew of it was when I went downstairs because I was going to the shop for Lucozade. Diz - as usual - had followed me down the stairs. I saw the cat and shut the door, so all was well.

BUT

Diz is slowly finding his feet here. He is beginning to want to explore the house alone. And apart from that, he always accompanies me to the bathroom. And he does make his displeasure known vocally if he isn't allowed to come with me. Also, he's used to the bedroom door being ajar all night, so he can go about as he pleases when the house is quiet.

What will happen tonight? Is Diz to stay in here while the visitor gets run of the house? Should I keep him on the stairs when I go to the toilet?

Again, I am not annoyed at the situation and I don't think they have done anything wrong. I'm just concerned for my cat and wondering how this will work out practically. I'll ask Pierro how long the cat will be here next time we speak. Not long I hope.

(btw he is a really handsome beast and if I didn't have Diz I'd be delighted to have him here)