The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's For Lunch? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11404)

limey 03-05-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 715041)

I'm very glad that there are none for sale used ...

Tulip 03-05-2011 11:43 PM

Nothing....I had nothing for lunch. Had half a bowl of rice for dinner. Sigh...I'm hungry. :thepain: Nopes, not on a diet, just didn't have time.

skysidhe 03-05-2011 11:50 PM

I love rice with green onions! You should have had a whole bowl!

ZenGum 03-06-2011 04:32 AM

Self-care must come first, Tulip. Go have a sandwich or a bowl of cereal or something simple like that. : sends hugs :

Griff 03-06-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 715114)
I'm very glad that there are none for sale used ...

um... ew.

Sundae 03-06-2011 12:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Tried to make Rabbit Krispie cakes.
I had an issue with the correct Krispie-to-chocolate ratio, they didn't bind properly and cooled down far too quickly, so thay started shedding.

I tried to soften it up with Golden Syrup (we usually make them this way) and made the mixture too loose to set properly.

So the first pic is the few rabbits that made it, but they are crumbly rabbits. Crumbly + Rabbits = Crabbits?

Then I figured I didn't want to chuck away nearly a whole bowl of Chocolate Krispies, so got out the petit four cases. And I'd already made eyes and noses, so I figured I'd use them anyway. Krispies + Features = Kreatures? I dunno. Stevo was visiting and scoffed about a third of the mix for me, because I was bored of it by then. Sweet-toothed younger brothers, if you wait long enough they do come in useful.

bluecuracao 03-06-2011 02:03 PM

Those are really cute and yummy-looking, SG!

Normally, they would put me in the mood for chocolate...but I just finished scarfing down almost a whole box of grocery-store brand "Kraft" mac 'n' cheese for lunch. Bleh. Don't think I'll be having that again for long, long time.

zippyt 03-06-2011 05:32 PM

they have different ones , same brand with like 4 cheeses and different noodles and crumbly stuff for the top , they are YUMMMMO !!!!

bluecuracao 03-06-2011 06:21 PM

Oh yeah, those new "homestyle" ones look pretty good!

I'll have to try those next time. I just have the box kind in the pantry right now, and it isn't even real Kraft brand.

Tulip 03-06-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 715220)
Krispies + Features = Kreatures?

They do look like Kreatures. :lol: But very chocolatey. I would eat them. :D

Tulip 03-06-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 715171)
Self-care must come first, Tulip. Go have a sandwich or a bowl of cereal or something simple like that. : sends hugs :

Thanks. It was after 10PM, and I'd prefer to sleep on an empty stomach than a heavy one.

skysidhe 03-19-2011 05:56 PM

I just had a ham and cheddar on a one slice of russian rye. mmm

I have not eaten my sulfur dioxide laden grapes yet.

( p.s. I didn't know they did that to our grapes! ) grrr:mad2: grumble grumble

monster 03-28-2011 01:01 PM

Tuna, lettuce, tomato, celery, brocolli, brussel sprouts, vinaigrette (homemade)

Day 4 of "being good"

Sundae 03-28-2011 01:05 PM

Only 3 sleeps til payday!
So I am eating pretty much what I can find :)
There were some sausages left over from Friday (at school) so I chopped up two to have with my tin of beans.
Tomorrow I'm taking the bagel Mum has offered and having it with scrambled egg. Nom nom nom. The egg is from Alison who keeps chickens. I've told her I will make a contribution to the fox-proof-fence-fund on Thursday. She doesn't mind, but it makes me feel better.

bbro 03-28-2011 02:13 PM

Chicken Broccoli and Parmesean pasta leftovers. Think it might be the last time even though I still have 3 servings at home. The broccoli isn't going down well :(