The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Camper-SUV crash. Dog & driver survive (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34494)

Dude111 08-23-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

A driver and dog miraculously walked away from this out-of-control camper accident on a highway outside Newton Abbot, UK. Dashcam video shows the car pulling a camper wobbling before flipping over twice. “Everyone was fine. Some small cuts from flying glass,” the trucker driving behind the wreck reported.
They are quite lucky :)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc4uZZn2SRs

xoxoxoBruce 08-24-2019 12:53 AM

Everyday, that shit goes down every damn day. :smack:

Gravdigr 08-24-2019 01:04 PM

Too much trailer for a too-short towing vehicle...

Dude111 08-24-2019 04:14 PM

Ya its kinda like this one.... HOW DID HE EVER THINK HE WAS GONNA GET THAT UP IN THAT CAR??

www.lustiges.ch/download/toomuchweight.wmv (LOCAL MEDIA PLAYED NEEDED TO VIEW)

They almost get to the top when the car finally gives out!!

Carruthers 08-25-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1037404)
Everyday, that shit goes down every damn day. :smack:

A few years ago I was driving into Aylesbury from Waddesdon and, where the road dips to go under a railway bridge, I saw a Land Rover and livestock trailer upside down on the grass verge.

The driver, a farmer, had exited the vehicle and was unhurt although somewhat shaken and two Border Collies were running about.

I assumed that the trailer was loaded with sheep and feared the worst. It turned out that it was loaded with a considerable weight of concrete blocks.

I asked the driver if the tail 'had started wagging the dog'. No prizes for guessing the answer.

limey 08-25-2019 11:14 AM

I saw a caravan boss its tow-car like that on the opposite carriageway to me on the motorway once. Just as we passed it the whole outfit rolled just like that and I got Mr Limey to call the police. Some time later we saw the polis zooming with blues and twos back towards the mess.
I have no idea what the outcome was, but I feared the worst.

Sent by magick

Gravdigr 08-25-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1037507)
...zooming with blues and twos...

'Zoomin' and 'blues' I get...What's da 'twos'?

Plz/Thnx

monster 08-25-2019 09:15 PM

twos is the two tone emergency siren. "Blues and Twos" means lights and siren.

Diaphone Jim 08-26-2019 11:21 AM

The first time through, I thought the trailer flipped first taking the SUV with it. Actually it was the other way around.
It also sounds as if a tire blew at the very beginning.

tw 08-26-2019 11:57 AM

It appears that the trailer took a sudden twist to the right. That then pulled the truck's rear wheels to the right. Driver tried to compensate only aggravating the swaying motion on the trailer. It eventually turned the truck sideways.

Not apparent why the trailer started swaying. Maybe the electric brake on the left trailer wheel somehow activated. At no time (it appears) did the driver hit his brakes.

Apparently too much weight was behind and not enough was in the front of that trailer. That simply made it easier for the trailer to sway the truck's rear wheels (that did not have enough weight on them).