The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

Clodfobble 06-22-2009 11:47 AM

I run Google Analytics on my cooking blog, mostly because I find useless stats to be very interesting. It will tell you, among other things, the terms that people typed into their search engine that ultimately led them to click on the link to your site.

The best one so far?

ketchup as a lotion

Shawnee123 06-22-2009 11:57 AM

She puts the ketchup on her skin, lest she gets the hose again...

ZenGum 06-23-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Two weeks ago Indonesia's Supreme Court decided to allow the five to return to Horn Island in the Torres Strait.

But prosecutors in Merauke had to wait for a letter from the Attorney-General's office in Jakarta, while the Attorney-General's office in Jakarta was waiting on a letter from the prosecutors in Merauke.

Aliantha 07-02-2009 11:53 PM

I got an email from The Trading Post today, and the title of it was "Trish, Sell your car for $24.95 today!"

I ask you, who the fuck is going to sell their car for $24.95? Why not just dump it?

Anyway, obviously that wasn't what was meant, but I chose to read it that way and get a giggle out of it. :)

ZenGum 07-03-2009 08:44 AM

No kidding, one time - in Brisbane, no less - I sold a car for $25.

I'm glad I held out for that last five cents.

skysidhe 07-03-2009 09:01 AM

oh oh I have such a cute memory from yesterday and there isn't anyway to convey it to it's perfection with words. I guess you'd have to be there but I will try.

I needed a short shovel to mix compost into my soil this fall. I go to a used tool shop because I don't want to spend 5 dollars more on a new shovel, which if it hadn't been for the old time scene I saw, I might have passed on this old rusty thing. So this place is like the house version of someone's old greasy toolbox. Nothing is organized( much ) and scattered in places and I have to step over things and squeeze through but as I do manage to worm my way through I see there is a gathering of little old men at the back. I swear it looked like one of those old time shows where the old men are gathering having a hoot about one thing or another. About 6 men were sitting around a vacant place in one of the counters drinking coffee and laughing about some picture someone got of the internet. The only reason I know that much without snooping is I had to squeeze through to get to the back yard where the yard tools where. It was very Norman Rockwell - esk. I liked it.It amused me very much.

oh and I paid 5 dollars for a very old heavy short shovel but I felt it was worth the privilege of intruding on someone's front for an old mens club.

xoxoxoBruce 07-03-2009 09:11 AM

Ah, so you were the interloper, in the Old Men's Club alert that went out last night. :eyebrow:

skysidhe 07-03-2009 09:29 AM

ha, I guess I was. A very unexpected rare peek at that!

Shawnee123 07-03-2009 10:04 AM

What a sweet image, sky. :)

monster 07-03-2009 10:09 AM

I'm finding it mildly ironic that I -a Brit- am paying taxes to the US government on Independance Day (or close enough)

Shawnee123 07-03-2009 10:30 AM

Ha...just send me a check directly. ;)

Aliantha 07-05-2009 05:25 AM

What's mildly amusing me today?

The fact that someone is still going into the chatroom using my name.

From now on, let it be known that if I go in there, i'll never use my Aliantha handle, nor any dirivitive of it. I will always use something else if and when I do go there.

God some people are fucking thick as planks.

Glinda 07-05-2009 10:09 AM

Every morning, I let my two yard chickens out of the greenhouse, then cross the lawn to the actual chicken coop, to let the other birds out for a day of bug eating in their fenced pen.

My banty roo, Marlon, is apparently deeply in love with me, so when I open the door to the greenhouse he goes into his romance dance for a few seconds, then follows me out into the yard. As I make my way across the (large) lawn, Marlon - who is about the size of a 4-week old kitten - runs like hell to keep up with me. I can't tell you how funny this little dork looks, racing along after me, and the fact that he's got a slightly gimpy leg makes it all the more comedic. (Am I going to hell for laughing at my handicapped roo?)

It gets better. Every morning, he's distracted as we pass the front door of the house. There's a big gold-colored kick plate along the bottom of the door, in which Marlon sees gasp! another rooster! ARRGH! ATTACK!!!

Of course, it's his own reflection, so he crashes into the door with a thud and a squawk. :lol2:

He never learns, and I never start a morning without a good laugh.

Sundae 07-05-2009 11:11 AM

Oh Glinda please, please film it for us!
Your description was wonderfully evocative, but I'm not familiar enough with roosters to really visualise it - he looks such a shy chap in the pic!

Glinda 07-05-2009 11:17 AM

I keep telling myself I'm going to do that... :rolleyes:

I'll put the camera by the door and hopefully I'll remember to take it out with me!