The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   (My) Cookies (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26107)

Lola Bunny 10-16-2011 10:29 PM

(My) Cookies

1 Attachment(s)
I decide to copy Sundae and create a thread about cookies. :D I'll be making cookies for my nephew's birthday, Christmas, and Teacher's Appreciation Week next May. I just found a wonderful blog page on cookies, so I got excited about making cookies. I just may start making more to practice my icing.

These are the cookie I did my practice run on. These two girls came in to look at my cookies. One of the girls said my cookies are pretty. I think she'll go far in life. Yeah, you know what they say about flattery, it will get you everywhere. Anyways, I gave her chocolates since she loves them. :lol: I think they look hideous, but my sister said they don't look so bad. She got me some finer tip icing for the outline, so I think the next try may look better. By the way, these are characters from Angry Birds. :p:

Sundae 10-17-2011 02:16 AM

OMG!
Totally Angry Birds!

My kids would love them.
Refine all you like for your own needs, but these are good enough to sell.
You have a very blessed nephew.

DanaC 10-17-2011 02:55 AM

Totally and instantly recognizable as Angry birds!

I agree with Sundae. They're good enough to sell.

bluecuracao 10-17-2011 03:02 AM

I'm not familiar with Angry Birds, but I would eat them. They look delicious!

monster 10-17-2011 07:06 AM

I love the beaks particularly

glatt 10-17-2011 07:09 AM

Well done! Those are excellent.

Clodfobble 10-17-2011 07:12 AM

I'm not even a fan of Angry Birds, but I immediately recognized them as such. Refine your line technique or whatever if you want, but the point absolutely gets across.

ZenGum 10-17-2011 07:18 AM

Dittos all the above. I'm only vaguely aware of AB but I recognise them immediately.

You're your own harshest critic. Except maybe for your sister.

infinite monkey 10-17-2011 07:22 AM

They look awesome, Lola!

Sundae 10-17-2011 11:16 AM

In fact I am thinking... steal, steal steal idea!
Hey, we could have an Angry Birds cookie-off.

'Cept I rarely enter anything I know I am going to lose so badly!

Lola Bunny 10-17-2011 06:07 PM

Thanks y'all! My sister bought me an icing tube with finer tip, but it was still too broad. I'm gonna have to go back out there to buy a squeeze bottle and a really fine decorating/writing tip. All my cookie cutters are back! Yay...I'm getting excited. :p: I've made the batter today, will bake the cookies tomorrow, and decorate them Thursday. :D

ZenGum: My harshest critic is actually my mom. Of my 40 yrs of life, she has only praised me 3, 4 times. Okay, I don't remember exactly, but I really only remembered like once or twice. But I'm sure she praised me more than that, right?

Sundae: Let's do it! Let's have an Angry Birds cookie-off. Or just a cookie contest. But only if you participate, hihi. :p:

Happy Monkey 10-17-2011 06:08 PM

Angry Birds.... You're supposed to throw them, right?

Lola Bunny 10-17-2011 06:12 PM

Monkey: Yes, hehe. I've gathered boxes to make a pretend wood structures and cut-out the Pig faces for the kids to throw balls(Angry Birds) at it. Now, if any kids throw my Angry Birds cookies, I will really become an Angry Bird. :mad2: ... :lol:

Undertoad 10-17-2011 06:38 PM

I would not toss your cookies.

DanaC 10-17-2011 06:39 PM

Is that what they're calling it these days?