The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What Are You Drinking Tonight? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28491)

Gravdigr 12-08-2013 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully, this cherry hard candy-infused pint of Tvarscki 90 proof vodka...if it'll ever finish.

Attachment 46162

Gravdigr 12-09-2013 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's finished.

Attachment 46169

:yum:

BigV 12-11-2013 12:19 AM

for strong sweet candy flavors Gravdigr, I wonder if you've ever considered using some flavored water concentrate, like Mio or KoolAid? I got a tiny bottle of the KoolAid brand (Grape) and it's like a miracle. Take a glass of water, hit it with a squirt of the purple stuff--OH YEAH!!!! KOOL AID!!

I reckon if you found a flavor you like, you could instantly flavor a batch like the one you pictured.

xoxoxoBruce 12-11-2013 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This too. Although it's probably loaded with chemicals, it's used in very small quantities, and surprisingly tasty.

Gravdigr 12-11-2013 11:08 AM

Ooh. I hadn't thought about that. I may give that a try sometime.

:thumb:

Gravdigr 12-11-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 885681)
...it's probably loaded with chemicals...

Just like my body!

Better living, through chemistry. Well...higher living, anyway.

:D

xoxoxoBruce 12-11-2013 11:16 AM

Yeah, there comes a point, maybe an age, when the long term effects of all this crap is of little concern.
Might as well,
never can tell,
when I'll smell,
the brimstone of hell.

Gravdigr 12-11-2013 12:35 PM

[HoytAxton]The doctors say it kills horses and men, yeah, they say it kills ya, but, they don't say when[/HoytAxton]

BigV 12-12-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 885640)
for strong sweet candy flavors Gravdigr, I wonder if you've ever considered using some flavored water concentrate, like Mio or KoolAid? I got a tiny bottle of the KoolAid brand (Grape) and it's like a miracle. Take a glass of water, hit it with a squirt of the purple stuff--OH YEAH!!!! KOOL AID!!

I reckon if you found a flavor you like, you could instantly flavor a batch like the one you pictured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 885682)
Ooh. I hadn't thought about that. I may give that a try sometime.

:thumb:

Well, I just tried this. It works perfectly. Perfectly, that is, if you like grape Kool Aid. The shot of vodka tasted **just like** grape Kool Aid. Find a flavor you like, and then just go crazy.

I'd practice with just water first to get the feel for the dispensing pressure needed to get the concentrate out of the bottle. It does NOT permit dripdripdrip and instead holds tight until it makes a very fine, very strong stream---PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHT. Then you're done. Practice on the water first.

orthodoc 12-12-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 885838)
Well, I just tried this. It works perfectly. Perfectly, that is, if you like grape Kool Aid. The shot of vodka tasted **just like** grape Kool Aid. Find a flavor you like, and then just go crazy.

Congratulations! You guys have just figured out how to make university freshman/woman party drinks! Kool Aid shots. :p:

eta: I know this because I have four children who went to college ...

busterb 12-13-2013 08:21 AM

After being on the wagon for 100+ days, now working on a batch of Peach pie.

Urbane Guerrilla 12-13-2013 06:41 PM

Eh, just some supermarket carton eggnog, with a little dab of this rum or that and a good shake of mace into the rum before putting the nog in. Nutmeg is fine, but mace is really nice.

sexobon 12-13-2013 11:58 PM

Green tea.

Aliantha 12-14-2013 03:22 AM

Cinnamon vodka and sparkling apple juice. Tastes like an apple pie. I think this will be my new favourite drink this festive season. :)

busterb 12-14-2013 02:28 PM

Peach Pie By BB
1 Qt. Welch's essentials peach, mango.
1 Qt. Peach juice drink.
1 Qt. Crystal light Peach bellini. "wtf."
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon w/ sucralose.
2 Tsp. Punkin pie spice.
I mixed the 2 juices together to top off 1 gal.
With a long squirt of the light liquid.
The tricky part, after a few samples, not too sure about how much everclear.
Take your pick. 6, 8 , or 10 oz.
I was going to the store, but think I'll go to bed. :smack: