The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What clothes do you wear... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13758)

Hime 04-02-2007 03:53 PM

What clothes do you wear...

that you really shouldn't be wearing anymore?

I have a pair of jeans that I've been wearing since I was 18. They were probably the first article of clothing I bought after starting college. I was wearing them when I first met my fiance, so they have some sentimental value.

On the other hand, my jeans size and entire body type has changed since buying them. They now hang low enough around my hips that I can only wear them with long shirts or super-low-rise undies. The seat is stretched-out and saggy and the knees have completely dissolved, and the ends are about as frayed as possible. Needless to say, they have gone from my favorite jeans color, dark indigo, to a shade that harks back to the days of high-tops and Mayim Bialik.

And yet, I can't seem to stop wearing them, let alone throw them out. Something about really old denim makes it sooo soft and comfortable, and besides, sentimental value, man!

Am I alone in this?

rkzenrage 04-02-2007 04:02 PM

I have a very faded, shallow cord, brown jacket that is ugly, but I love it.

Sheldonrs 04-02-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 329732)
...The seat is stretched-out and saggy and the knees have completely dissolved, and the ends are about as frayed as possible...

Pretty much describes me withOUT the jeans.

glatt 04-02-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hime (Post 329732)
I have a pair of jeans that I've been wearing since I was 18.

You are in your early 20s right? So that makes these jeans like 5-6 years old?

I have clothes I wear (and probably shouldn't) that are almost as old as you. Sweatshirts mostly.

piercehawkeye45 04-02-2007 04:13 PM

I have some shirts that I have had for a good 3-4 years (a lot for someone under 25 and I wear them regularly every week). It is starting to rip under the armpits and I hate the new "style" of clothes so it is hard to find shirts I like.

Trilby 04-02-2007 04:20 PM

a snorkle, flippers and kilt.

I really need to retire this outfit. It's so recherche nowadays.

Cloud 04-02-2007 05:30 PM

pantyhose. They are so "out" now, but my bare legs look worse.

xoxoxoBruce 04-02-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 329758)
a snorkle, flippers and kilt.

I really need to retire this outfit. It's so recherche nowadays.

Just add nipple clips with a chain and it's a whole new look.

Pocket Tee and jeans everywhere, all the time, except one dark Blue(Boeing) shirt and a blue tie with automotive differentials, for funerals.
No Peacock in me.

No Shel, none.

elSicomoro 04-02-2007 05:46 PM

As a 31-year-old, I probably have no business wearing lime green Crocs...but I do anyway because they rule as much as I do.

xoxoxoBruce 04-02-2007 05:49 PM

HTML Code:

because they rule as much as I do.
That's the truest thing you've ever said.

elSicomoro 04-02-2007 06:09 PM

Suck it, old man! :)

Sheldonrs 04-02-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 329820)
Suck it, old man! :)

Been there; done him.

melidasaur 04-02-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 329807)
As a 31-year-old, I probably have no business wearing lime green Crocs...but I do anyway because they rule as much as I do.

I work in a very professional environment and I wear crocs all of the time - I have a pair of light blue ones and two pairs of mary jane style in black and brown. Hopefully, I will get a pair in red and maybe navy blue. They are the #1 rated shoe by podiatrist, so if anyone has a problem with me wearing them, they can pay for any foot and back problems I may have later by wearing other shoes.

As for clothes that I wear that I shouldn't anymore, I think I got rid of most of them. I like to wear pants under my dresses - like jeans or cords. I am sure it looks ridiculous, but it's comfortable and keeps me warm.

TheMercenary 04-02-2007 07:29 PM

Short Skirts.

TheMercenary 04-02-2007 07:33 PM

Actually I have these shorts that were issued to me, they call them UDT shorts. We wore them all the time on deployment. They are really short. I have big legs and so they even look shorter. I wore them out once and I will never wear them again like that. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal but I guess a dude in short shorts is a no go. They were really comfortable. Here is what they look like:
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Tru-Sp...specShorts.asp