The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's the Cheapest thing you do? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14715)

freshnesschronic 07-01-2007 01:19 PM

What's the Cheapest thing you do?

What is the cheapest thing you do?

My family steals all the soap found in hotel rooms. And when my dad goes on business trips he takes that soap too. ALL the soap. We stockpile them in the closet upstairs. We have dozens of them.

Asian people in general lie for their kids.

i.e. When ordering for a restaurant: "Oh my son?" <<glances at small 12 year old>> "He's only 8." <<smiles knowing kids eat free>>

lumberjim 07-01-2007 01:24 PM

If a guy named 'Your Rudeness' was to take you out for a nice seafood dinner and then slip you a mickey and have his way with your bottom ....in the car ....in the parking lot, what would you say to him when you next saw him?

freshnesschronic 07-01-2007 01:28 PM

Well, thank you, your rudeness.

Yznhymr 07-01-2007 03:23 PM

Hmmm...so many things...
Resuse ziplock bags
Snag sugar substitute packets at restaurants
Always ask for samples at doctor's office
Use VA for Rx refills
Use child labor
Get the 5 for $5 hamburger deal at Sonic...and walla, lunches for a week at work
Grab as many cokes as I can carry after a catered meal at work...there's always some left over
Borrow tools instead of buy
I am sure there is more...

fargon 07-01-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yznhymr (Post 360434)
Hmmm...so many things...
Resuse ziplock bags
Snag sugar substitute packets at restaurants
Always ask for samples at doctor's office
Use VA for Rx refills
Use child labor
Get the 5 for $5 hamburger deal at Sonic...and walla, lunches for a week at work
Grab as many cokes as I can carry after a catered meal at work...there's always some left over
Borrow tools instead of buy
I am sure there is more...

We re use bread bags
We snag splenda packets from restaurants
I use the VA for all my medical care, as is my right
I Snag hot mustard paks from the Chinese buffet
I all ready own every tool you can think of, and no you cant borrow them
As for as your list of cheapness, you sir are a piker

Yznhymr 07-01-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 360437)
We re use bread bags

As for as your list of cheapness, you sir are a piker

Woohoo! That's me! My wife has always said that I hold onto a nickel so tight that I make the buffalo burp!

As for the tools, I might have been exaggerating a smidge. I have all of the common basic tools a man needs to be a shade-tree mechanic. But anything special or some power tools I infrequently use I’d rather borrow (seeing how my father-in-law has just about everything). If I need something more than several times a year, I’ll break down and buy it.

kerosene 07-01-2007 06:05 PM

At restaurants that serve dinner rolls or tortilla chips, I get an extra basket and save them.

Cloud 07-01-2007 06:33 PM

I've been known to stuff extra Red Lobster cheddar biscuits in my purse.

busterb 07-01-2007 06:58 PM

jayus f#$king shit. Stealing fuckin crackers Sorry, but that ain't cheap. It's theft.

Clodfobble 07-01-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yznhymr

I think that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. You seriously eat a week-old burger from Sonic every Friday? *hurk* It would be cheaper to make a sandwich yourself anyway!

glatt 07-02-2007 10:42 AM

I make myself (or more accurately, my wife makes me) two sandwiches for lunch every day.

lumberjim 07-02-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 360414)
If a guy named 'Your Rudeness' was to take you out for a nice seafood dinner and then slip you a mickey and have his way with your bottom ....in the car ....in the parking lot, what would you say to him when you next saw him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 360415)
Well, thank you, your rudeness.

now that the edit window is closed, i just wanted to point this out to freshie. and cop to changing my post after he read it.

freshnesschronic 07-02-2007 12:03 PM

Ok, you're cool.

suncrafter 07-04-2007 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 360413)
What is the cheapest thing you do?

My family steals all the soap found in hotel rooms. And when my dad goes on business trips he takes that soap too. ALL the soap. We stockpile them in the closet upstairs. We have dozens of them.

Asian people in general lie for their kids.

i.e. When ordering for a restaurant: "Oh my son?" <<glances at small 12 year old>> "He's only 8." <<smiles knowing kids eat free>>

Wow. That's not cool to do in front of a kid!

Sundae 07-04-2007 07:10 AM

Is it cheap to do things because you're really broke?
I used to take home enough toilet paper from work to get me through the evening. But only when I had literally pennies to see me through the next few days.