The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Harry Potter 6 - WHO'S PUMPED? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8672)

melidasaur 07-04-2005 09:33 PM

Harry Potter 6 - WHO'S PUMPED?

I just did a reread of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to prepare for the upcoming release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

I enjoyed the Order of the Phoenix the second time around and I am SOOO excited for the 6th book to be released.

Who's with me here? I am not entirely convinced of the fate Sirius Black met in the last book...

I didn't preorder the book... I figure stores will be ready for me :).

Elspode 07-04-2005 10:45 PM

We have yet to have time to finish the last book on tape. I know, I'm a bad Harry Potter fan.

melidasaur 07-04-2005 11:25 PM

You have until July 16th :lol:. I can imagine that the book on tape version of that one is LONG, as the book was 700+ pages.

mrnoodle 07-05-2005 04:33 PM

I got on a Potter kick for awhile. I'll have to reread the first ones to get back in that worldmood again.

Lunaephiliac 07-05-2005 06:51 PM

I can't wait. I agree with you @ Sirius-if he was dead, J.K. would have made that clear. If he doesn't come back in this book, he'll make a grand appearance in the seventh. I can't wait to read it. :love:HP:love:

Kieran 07-05-2005 10:42 PM

I still need to read The Order of the Phoenix! I haven't even bought it yet. Eh, I got side tracked. I'll read it eventually though!

dar512 07-05-2005 10:53 PM

We've reserved two copies of the book and the book on cd here at dar mansion.

melidasaur 07-05-2005 11:07 PM

We made the deal that I get to read it first because I am a faster reader, however I know exactly what will happen. I will read it and then put it down to go to the bathroom, get a drink, and my dear husband will pick it up and start reading it. Then I'll get mad and make him give it back to me.

When we got order of the phoenix, we took turns reading it, but mostly because I had jet lag and kept falling asleep while reading the book or sometimes we'd try to read it together and I would end up finishing the pages far before him.

We should follow your lead dar and get two books, but we won't.

wolf 07-05-2005 11:20 PM

That thingy at the end of OOTP ... I think that was a Gate, wasn't it? At least it seemed that way to me ...

Sperlock 07-05-2005 11:36 PM

I'm glad that I am not the only one who is suspicious about the fate of Sirius Black. I seem to be the only one in my group of friends that have read it and question it. Sirius Black is just way too cool.

BigV 07-05-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran
I still need to read The Order of the Phoenix! I haven't even bought it yet. Eh, I got side tracked. I'll read it eventually though!

Not the HP madman in the family, but I get enough by association.

Oh, welcome to the cellar, Kieran! Hope you have fun!

melidasaur 07-06-2005 10:22 AM

Luna and Sperlock... I'm glad I'm not the only serious Sirius questioner out there!!!

russotto 07-06-2005 02:56 PM

Sirius is dead. He passed "beyond the veil" which is a euphemism for death.

wolf 07-07-2005 12:52 AM

You tell small children that Santa Claus is dead, don't you?

melidasaur 07-10-2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russotto
Sirius is dead. He passed "beyond the veil" which is a euphemism for death.

I refuse to accept that. 5 more days 'til Book 6... I'm going crazy here!!! :rollanim: :rollhappy :bonk: Deep breaths... deep breaths...