The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Where do you get your gifts? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12871)

Adam Clarke 12-22-2006 02:00 AM

Where do you get your gifts?

Since I'm new around here, I was wondering...

Where do you buy your gifts?
Not just Xmas, but all occasions.
Birthdays, anniversaries, and so on.

Usually what I do is pick up items at those roadside memorials.
You know the things I'm talking about.
Where someone was killed by a motorist, and people leave stuff to remember them?
I've picked up stuffed animals, Pokemon cards, CDs, clothes, ect.
I've saved a bunch of money doing my shopping this way.

How about you?

Elspode 12-22-2006 09:15 AM

Little old ladies don't move very quickly, so I like to do a lot of my shopping out of their little collapsible wire shopping carts, and sometimes, out of their handbags.

Either that, or online.

Griff 12-22-2006 10:01 AM

I follow random links from spammers.

wolf 12-22-2006 10:34 AM

Griff is my Obi Wan, my Mister Miagi, my Master Po.

lumberjim 12-22-2006 02:16 PM

I regift

monster 12-22-2006 08:06 PM

I save my spam tins throughout the year, and then turn them into useful things like personalised pencil holders -with the help of a little sticky-back plastioc and some double-sided tape.

sincerely

Blue Peter

xoxoxoBruce 12-23-2006 08:00 AM

I rob peoples gifts while they are at funerals. Close to Christmas they are even wrapped. :evil3:

rkzenrage 12-23-2006 12:18 PM

They can smell my finger if they want...

chrisinhouston 12-26-2006 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I rob peoples gifts while they are at funerals. Close to Christmas they are even wrapped. :evil3:

There was something on our news the other night about this. Seems a couple in Virginia were caught following the UPS truck on their route. Every time it stopped and left a package at someone's door who wasn't home, they ran up and grabbed it. When they were caught the police found about 400 packages at their house, lots with clothes, fruit and cheeses, cameras, Ipod stuff and more! :mad:

Flint 12-26-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinhouston
Seems a couple in Virginia were caught following the UPS truck on their route. ...

It's always funny to hear about "a couple" doing something like this. I mean, it's sweet, they do everything together, so romantic.

yesman065 12-26-2006 10:07 AM

Nothing like common values to teach your children - eh?

wolf 12-26-2006 10:18 AM

People like that are why I hate the practice of drop without signature.

Flint 12-26-2006 10:20 AM

I'm honestly surpised that more NetFlix DVDs don't go missing from my mailbox. On any given day, you are guaranteed of finding DVDs in my mailbox. I've only had one go missing. Seems like people might be more interested in free DVDs.

yesman065 12-26-2006 10:24 AM

I have to admit this though. When my bro and I were younger, just kids, we hadn't gotten our Mom anything for mothers day and that morning as we were driving back from church we noticed a REALLY NICE flower garden in a neighbors yard. We looked at each other and nodded in agreement. Once home we ran outside to "play." Mom still says those are the best flowers shes ever gotten. Thank goodness she doesn't know where they came from.