The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29481)

DanaC 04-28-2015 05:25 PM

Is it any good, that show? I'm tempted to give it a go.

Gravdigr 04-29-2015 03:18 AM

It definitely has potential.

Very "X-Files"-ey, with faint shades of "Lost".

Go here.

DanaC 04-29-2015 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 926989)
It definitely has potential.

Very "X-Files"-ey, with faint shades of "Lost".

Go here.

*grins*

that sounds right up my street.

Gravdigr 04-30-2015 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 51325

:eek:

DanaC 04-30-2015 04:29 PM

That was something that came up in Tom Holt's Doughnut. It involved travelling through multiple universes (via the hole in the doughnut - read it it's hilarious) and one of the characters got trapped in a universe where multiverse theory did not apply.

monster 05-03-2015 07:01 AM

I bet The Queen carks it shortly after becoming the longest reigning UK monarch on September 9.

limey 05-03-2015 10:11 AM

Is she on your List?

Sent by thought transference

Gravdigr 05-03-2015 11:08 AM

Radishes.

monster 05-03-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 927430)
Is she on your List?

Sent by thought transference

no. but she darn well would have been if I'd realized this milestone was imminent. Phileeeeep is though, so hopefully he'll follow suit, pining away..... or choking on the canapes at the funeral tea.

Gravdigr 05-04-2015 04:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 51386

BigV 05-05-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 927176)
That was something that came up in Tom Holt's Doughnut. It involved travelling through multiple universes (via the hole in the doughnut - read it it's hilarious) and one of the characters got trapped in a universe where multiverse theory did not apply.

curious how the character got into that universe... but not curious enough to read the book at the moment.

:)

sexobon 05-23-2015 07:12 PM

Hmmm ... Carrotchops could start posting pics ... I may have some suggestions.

Nikon made a camera that lets dogs take photos of things they like

Lamplighter 05-29-2015 10:55 AM

Times Editors must written this with tongues in lateral locations

Risks to Hands-Free Driving
NY Times - Editorial Board - 5/29/15

If your friend told you to jump off the bridge, should you do it ?
Quote:

...Most automakers are not expected to sell cars that drive themselves all the time for at least several more years.
But many companies like Mercedes-Benz, Tesla Motors and General Motors
are already selling or working on cars that can do a lot of driving without the help of drivers.
Some cars, for example, can follow cars in front of them at a safe distance on highways....

But don’t worry, the Feds will write Rules to solve any problem.
Quote:

...The federal government and most states have not yet issued rules on how such features
should be designed. One approach is to require that automated systems warn
drivers to slow down if they are about to crash into a car or pedestrian in front of them...

glatt 05-29-2015 11:23 AM

It's important to know what options your car has.

In this somewhat disturbing and cringe inducing video, you see a driver testing out the pedestrian detection and automatic stopping feature on his new Volvo. Unfortunately for his guinea pig friends, the car did not have this feature. (No blood, but dude's gonna be sore for a few days.)

DanaC 05-29-2015 12:08 PM

I'm filling in an application for a teaching job - J sent me a link to the vacancy yesterday - closing date is Monday midday.

I fucking hate these kinds of applications. It's the kind where you have to go through each of the person specifications (there are fucking loads of them) and give examples of how you have met those in previous employment. And then having effectively exhausted most of what i can say about how my experience is relevant to the job - I am then expected to write up a personal statement.