The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Your Movie Guilty Pleasure (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17353)

freshnesschronic 05-26-2008 02:32 PM

Your Movie Guilty Pleasure

What is your guilty pleasure, with movies?

Mine would be....Wayne's World, 1 & 2.
Love those movies.

Flint 05-26-2008 02:34 PM

Buttfuck Sluts Go Nuts

Quote:

Randal: "Uh, yeah, hi, this is RST Video calling, customer number 4352, I'd like to place an order. Okay, I need one each of the following tapes: "Whispers in the Wind", "To Each His Own", "Put It Where It Doesn't Belong", "My Pipes Need Cleaning", "All Tit-fucking Volume 8", "I Need Your Cock", "Ass-Worshipping Rim-Jobbers", "My Cunt Needs Shafts", "Cum Clean", "Cum-Gargling Naked Sluts", "Cum Buns III", "Cumming in Socks", "Cum On Eileen", "Huge Black Cocks and Pearly White Cum", "Girls Who Crave Cock", "Girls Who Crave CUNT", "Men Alone II: the KY Connection", "Pink Pussy Lips", oh yeah, and, uh, "All Holes Filled with Hard Cock".

Cicero 05-26-2008 03:49 PM

Oh, oh jeez.....How embarassing....!!! I was under the impression that buttfuck sluts were already nuts. :)

Ok srsly: "The Shining" still scares me. Just the ghost scenes and the elevator flowing with blood though. Love it!!

skysidhe 05-26-2008 04:06 PM

10 Things I hate About You.

Uptown Girls.

The Wedding Singer.

French Kiss

Never Been Kissed

First 50 Dates

You've Got Mail

Ghost

I am sure there's more cheese ball movies I'm forgetting.

binky 05-26-2008 09:20 PM

I love "10 things I hate about you", and my 12 year old idolizes Kat. I don't know whether to be pleased or afraid.

Spectacle 05-26-2008 09:26 PM

The Goonies.

'Nuff said.

Drax 05-26-2008 09:34 PM

N/A Cuz I don't consider any movie I watch to be a "guilty" pleasure.

Cloud 05-27-2008 01:26 AM

watching the Harry Potter movies. Over and over and over . . .

Shawnee123 05-27-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 457151)
I love "10 things I hate about you", and my 12 year old idolizes Kat. I don't know whether to be pleased or afraid.

That movie was a modern translation of The Taming of the Shrew. I loved it too, but I think Julia Stiles in one cool chick.

Cicero 05-27-2008 08:56 PM

Uh oh. Cloud and I are eerily alike. Shhhh! Cloud!!

Me? Watch all the reruns of Harry Potter movies? Nooo. I wouldn't subject my poor husband to that...
:D

Cloud 05-27-2008 09:20 PM

HP nerds unite!

Dingleschmutz 05-27-2008 10:00 PM

I'm a HP book nerd, so the movies pissed me off... Sooo...

Karate Kid 1 and 2 (and even 3 sometimes for the unintentional comedy factor)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2 (and even 3 sometimes for the... wait, no, that one was gay)

Mighty Ducks 1 and 2 (I don't even have a joke for 3... Quick recap. In 1, underdog peewee hockey kids win the town championship. In 2, those same kids somehow become the national hockey team. In 3, those same kids had trouble making the freaking varsity hockey team... Puberty must've had something to do with it)

Rocky 4 (All the Rocky movies really, but seriously; Rocky ties the best fighter in the world in 1, beats him in 2, they bring in freaking MISTER T in 3, then couldn't figure out how to outdo that until someone apparently pitched the idea of Rocky ending the Cold War by remixing the Miracle on Ice in boxing form by fighting an invincible 'roided up Russian in Moscow on Christmas Day because said invincible Russian killed the aforementioned best fighter in the world turned Rocky's best friend in an exhibition bout. Cripes... But it still gives me chills.)

Disney's Robin Hood (I've been known to spontaneously break out into all the songs from it when I'm drunk)

Most Chuck Norris movies, but Hero and the Terror is probably my favorite for outright enjoyable stupidity. (If you haven't seen it, Chuck Norris goes up against a serial killer retard in a movie theater.)

Twister

Love Actually

Notting Hill

...and

Home Alone. That's 8 year old nostalgia coupled with Christmas tradition now. I always watch.

I'll probably think of more later...

spudcon 05-27-2008 10:40 PM

None of the above match the cultural subtlety of
"Bevis and Butthead Do America."

lumberjim 05-27-2008 11:20 PM

Titanic

Urbane Guerrilla 05-28-2008 03:58 AM

HP movies don't bother me -- the movies are good. The books are better. Kid literature, but literature nonetheless.