The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Your morning dream (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26177)

Griff 10-29-2011 08:15 AM

Your morning dream

I was sitting in the parish hall at a masonite table, calmly quietly arranging my plate of food in a pleasing manner amid the clatter, hustle, and bustle of a church fund raising dinner. Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint, approached me from across the table, "Do you know the way?" I reply, "I know my way." Clint is pleased with this answer and we go back and forth for a few minutes. He then asks, "Have you read Nietche and _____?" I reply that I have no interest in philosophers. Clint gets visibly upset and stalks away. My zen state collapses and desperate for his approval, we switch roles, I approach him as he sits eating an arranged but unappetizing monochrome plate of hotdogs and sauerkraut. I try to gain him back but dig a deeper and deeper hole for myself.

Then the phone rings waking me up very early this morning, a Saturday. Its my Dad, he is trying to call the tire shop about the tractor tires we're having foamed, but they are not answering the phone. I calmly tell him that it is Saturday and they are not open yet. Thanks Clint.

pensive pam 10-29-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 767754)
I was sitting in the parish hall at a masonite table, calmly quietly arranging my plate of food in a pleasing manner amid the clatter, hustle, and bustle of a church fund raising dinner. Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint, approached me from across the table, "Do you know the way?" I reply, "I know my way." Clint is pleased with this answer and we go back and forth for a few minutes. He then asks, "Have you read Nietche and _____?" I reply that I have no interest in philosophers. Clint gets visibly upset and stalks away. My zen state collapses and desperate for his approval, we switch roles, I approach him as he sits eating an arranged but unappetizing monochrome plate of hotdogs and sauerkraut. I try to gain him back but dig a deeper and deeper hole for myself.

Then the phone rings waking me up very early this morning, a Saturday. Its my Dad, he is trying to call the tire shop about the tractor tires we're having foamed, but they are not answering the phone. I calmly tell him that it is Saturday and they are not open yet. Thanks Clint.

I am not sure what to make of this. Personally, I only clicked on it because I thought it said 'Glatt', not 'Griff.' I like Glatt as he is an all around nice guy... but I am here now, so I will comment...

I think you may benefit from some type of therapy. I know all about these things. It you approach it with an open mind, you will be fine with time and some medications. Since Clint Eastwood is almost dead; I think this dream symbolizes you realizing your own fate...of dieing someday. I hope this is not a joke...Pam.

Griff 10-29-2011 11:45 AM

Actually, I feel like I'm close enough to "fine." Thanks for the reply though, what specifically is nuthouse worthy?

Trilby 10-29-2011 11:51 AM

Griff - I'm a little jealous.

The dreams I have that feature movie stars are few and far between. I usually have these horrid dreams of thinly veiled anxiety or frustration. Like not being able to dial a phone number despite numerous attempts or running as fast as I can and getting nowhere.

Griff 10-29-2011 11:57 AM

I very rarely remember a dream. Now that you mention it, I don't recall ever having a movie star in one before. He must have some symbolic potency I haven't worked out yet. Something to do with Gran Torino and my USMC Dad.

HungLikeJesus 10-29-2011 12:12 PM

By "old Clint," do you mean Clint from the old days, when he was young?

Griff 10-29-2011 12:16 PM

Sorry, mature Clint.

Gravdigr 10-29-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 767855)
By "old Clint," do you mean Clint from the old days, when he was young?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 767754)
...Clint Eastwood, old Clint not young Clint...

Sundae 10-29-2011 12:30 PM

I remember my morning dreams nearly every day.
I shall torment you with them.

Not this morning though, obviously.
Woke up to hear the neighbours in, giving condolences for Grandad.

Gravdigr 10-29-2011 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 767852)
The dreams I have that feature movie stars are few and far between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 767853)
...I don't recall ever having a movie star in one before. He must have some symbolic potency I haven't worked out yet.

I might have mentioned this before...

For years, decades really, I have had the recurring dream of being in a fist fight with Lee Marvin. Sometimes he's Tully Crow from "The Comancheros", sometimes he's Liberty Valance from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". More often he's just plain old Lee Marvin, from the sixties, like in the pic below. Sometimes it starts with guns, but always, always there's physical confrontation involved.

I would pay any amount of money to understand this.

Attachment 34974

I tried keeping a dream diary by the bed. If I can find it I'll share a couple with ya. There's some duesies in there. None featuring Mr. Marvin, though.

pensive pam 10-29-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 767866)
I might have mentioned this before...

For years, decades really, I have had the recurring dream of being in a fist fight with Lee Marvin. Sometimes he's Tully Crow from "The Comancheros", sometimes he's Liberty Valance from "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance". More often he's just plain old Lee Marvin, from the sixties, like in the pic below. Sometimes it starts with guns, but always, always there's physical confrontation involved.

I would pay any amount of money to understand this.

Attachment 34974

I tried keeping a dream diary by the bed. If I can find it I'll share a couple with ya. There's some duesies in there. None featuring Mr. Marvin, though.

You are not fighting with another man. You are clearly fighting the 'man' inside you; the gay man who wants to escape and be himself. This is an internal struggle; yet you subconsciously dream about another man...unable to come to terms that you are fighting yourself...and your homosexuality...

This is very true,
Pam.

jimhelm 10-29-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 767866)
There's some duesies in there.

Now, I'm not grammar naziing you here, digr, but how did you come up with that spelling of doozy? wait. dewzie. uhm... nevermind.

Gravdigr 10-29-2011 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34975

Hah!! Duesie, don't that come from Duesenberg? Yeah, it looks strange as hell, don't it?

ETA: I had no clue as to how to spell it, so I asked Zippy.:lol2:

Sundae 10-29-2011 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Do you mean the Queen of Duisburg?

Clodfobble 10-29-2011 01:04 PM

I used to remember my dreams and have all sorts of fascinating ones. But once I started waking up with an alarm clock again, my specific list of morning tasks pops into my head first thing and I never stop to think about what I was dreaming about until it's already faded away.