The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Obamanation (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19310)

Shawnee123 09-05-2009 09:07 AM

I must have missed something: what former dwellar?

TheMercenary 09-05-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 592807)
I must have missed something: what former dwellar?

I believe it is ref to Radar in UG's comments.

TheMercenary 09-05-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 592798)
All politicians build personality cults. For instance, Bush still holds you in his grasp even as his very unRepublican interventionist programs continue to kill American soldiers and yield little in the way of democratic self government. Both major parties are cult-like. People compromise their beliefs for the necessary group think that governing requires. It is both creepy and inevitable for successful government.

I agree with you but in principle, if you continue the policy and practice of the previous administration then they de facto become your responsibility and you have to assume responsibility for them. Otherwise you have the power to terminate them or at least make it well known that you are supporting them but want them to stop immediately.

Shawnee123 09-05-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 592814)
I believe it is ref to Radar in UG's comments.

Radar's been around. He's hardly "former." Last log-in...today! :confused:

Griff 09-05-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 592815)
I agree with you but in principle, if you continue the policy and practice of the previous administration then they de facto become your responsibility and you have to assume responsibility for them. Otherwise you have the power to terminate them or at least make it well known that you are supporting them but want them to stop immediately.

True, he ran for the job knowing what he was facing.

DanaC 09-05-2009 12:37 PM

I thougt he was no longer a member? Self-requested ban i thought.

morethanpretty 09-05-2009 04:40 PM

Back to the non-story of Obama Obamanizing our school children:

Quote:

Schoolchildren across the nation "will be forced to watch the president justify his plans for government-run health care, banks, and automobile companies, increasing taxes on those who create jobs, and racking up more debt than any other president."
Truth-o-meter says: liar liar pants on fire!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ill-indoctrin/

zippyt 09-05-2009 09:53 PM

gadfly 09-05-2009 11:53 PM

Did I hear the words Uncle Tom somewhere before?
This guy is a true abomination!
What Americans won't do to make a buck, huh.
Capitalism a it's best or worst?
I like how he uses Mack Daddy but "He" is a half breed? Whole thing doesn't make any sense. Propaganda at work again.

classicman 09-06-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 592763)
I said this last line to nudge Merc and classic. Come on guys, what did Obama say that would warrant such hatred?

Huh? What did I do now?

capnhowdy 09-06-2009 07:48 AM

One of the great things about America is that you have the freedom to hate whoever you want.

kerosene 09-06-2009 01:14 PM

Our schools are not broadcasting the speech. I think they got it right. Let the parents decide if they want their kids to watch it. It isn't up to the schools.

DanaC 09-06-2009 02:21 PM

I don't see a problem with the President addressing school children about the importance of education. I'd have a serious problem if he was talking about policy, unless it was as part of a class on politics and citizenship and was primarily structural in nature.

Clodfobble 09-06-2009 02:34 PM

When I was in third grade the President addressed school children about drug use. We not only were ushered out of class to watch it, three of us were interviewed about our opinion on his speech for the local evening news.

xoxoxoBruce 09-06-2009 02:34 PM

It isn't a problem. The problem is the right wingers fabricating bullshit lies, just to cause as much trouble as they possibly can. To create as many diversions as possible from the business at hand, by misinforming the gullible, racists, and people with selfish agendas.