The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "could knock a buzzard..." (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25748)

grynch 08-23-2011 08:56 AM

"could knock a buzzard..."

One of my colleagues has just been in my office to discuss something and for not the first time she has severe bad breath... or as a friend years ago used to say ( referring to someone else )

"her breath was so bad it could knock a buzzard off of a sh*te wagon"

would any of you kind souls have perhaps a gentler way to break this to her?

jimhelm 08-23-2011 09:17 AM

oh, Mary, are they serving shit sandwiches in the cantene again today?

infinite monkey 08-23-2011 09:19 AM

Ignore everything she says and does.

Eventually, you'll hurt her feelings so badly she'll quit and slice her own throat.

Pico and ME 08-23-2011 09:25 AM

Keep offering her a piece of gum.

Lola Bunny 08-23-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 752041)

Or say "Happy Unbirthday!!" and give her a bottle of scope tied with a bow. :lol: Or a more constructive advice would be, do what Pico suggested. Or do as I do sometimes, or often, hold your breath. Yeah, I'm not very tactful so I just don't say anything at all. :p:

GunMaster357 08-23-2011 09:57 AM

Always a delicate matter. Be careful with the gum / freshening sweet option or you may end up with: "Smells like someone took a dump behind a pine tree".

I had the same kind of problem years ago. Very strong body odor, same clothes day in day out for more than a month. We tried being nice, nothing happened. Even the boss talked to him, nada. He finally resigned with a lot of theatrics about not being appreciated, etc... I believe that he didn't take too well the 3 bars of toilet soap someone left on his desk along with a scrubbing brush.

That someone being yours truly ;)

footfootfoot 08-23-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grynch (Post 752030)
One of my colleagues has just been in my office to discuss something and for not the first time she has severe bad breath... or as a friend years ago used to say ( referring to someone else )

"her breath was so bad it could knock a buzzard off of a sh*te wagon"

would any of you kind souls have perhaps a gentler way to break this to her?

She may know. I worked with a woman who had some sort of medical condition that caused her to have alarmingly bad breath.

check out this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis

jimhelm 08-23-2011 10:01 AM

My daughter told me my voice smelled bad once. i Lolled

If you like her, I would actually just tell her.

"Hey, Mary.. your breath is bumpin' .... just thought you should know. are you drinking enough water?"

or, if you want to be subversive, ask her if your breath smells

jimhelm 08-23-2011 10:02 AM

or give us her email address and we could all send her emails telling her about it.

grynch 08-23-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 752067)
or give us her email address and we could all send her emails telling her about it.

tempting... but you'd all say "grynch said...."

:rolleyes:

classicman 08-23-2011 10:24 AM

Ask her if she needs you to call an undertaker cuz it smells like something died in there?

Trilby 08-23-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 752041)

This.

Griff 08-23-2011 10:37 AM

First you'll need a shit wagon...

monster 08-23-2011 12:15 PM

See this is why I don't play well with others -I don't want to be so close to someone I can smell their breath. Me, I would move back. and back and back and back.

You could say, I'm really sorry, but you must've eaten something I'm allergic to.....

jimhelm 08-23-2011 12:39 PM

When I used to go to my old gym, I had a session or two with a trainer ....let's call him Hal

Hal Itosis.

yeah.

so... i gave him a piece of gum. he thanked me for it and set it on his desk. then he blew ass breath on me for an hour.... and when I saw him with his next appointment.... fucker was chewing my gum.