The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Merc - Wtf? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28363)

DanaC 11-30-2012 10:11 AM

Merc - Wtf?

Seriously, Merc, wtf?

Come back man.

Ibby 11-30-2012 11:16 AM

Or don't. #chiponmyshoulder #idontcare #stillholdingagrudge #hesstillanasshole

orthodoc 11-30-2012 11:57 AM

No, do. Come back, merc.

BigV 11-30-2012 12:16 PM

I would be very happy to see mercy return to the cellar. I don't know why he's not here, he may well have good reasons. I'm sure the other places he's spending his time are made better by his participation there, but his absence here is a net loss for us.

Sundae 11-30-2012 02:18 PM

I do miss Mercy.
He could be a git, but there was a lot about him I liked.
And he participated across the forum (for good or bad) rather than being a one trick pony.

I'd like to see him back.

classicman 11-30-2012 02:40 PM

I've been in touch with him via FB. I even talked about this very issue.
Odds of his return are extremely small.

Ibby 11-30-2012 03:15 PM

:celebrat:
sorry i'm not sorry but the guy's a gaping asshole.

BigV 11-30-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby (Post 841061)

No he's not.

I note that you are emphatic in associating some words, some actions with a raging negative assessment of him as an individual, a person. An open forum like this is a glass house. Do you expect the same treatment based on some of your words or some of your actions?

DanaC 11-30-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 841057)
I've been in touch with him via FB. I even talked about this very issue.
Odds of his return are extremely small.

Well, that's a damn shame.

Ibby 11-30-2012 03:44 PM

Nobody who isn't fundamentally a shitty person does stuff like this. He's a bigoted shitbag.

Lola Bunny 11-30-2012 03:46 PM

I've always liked Mercenary. I don't participate in the politics section, so he has never said anything to offend me. Frankly, I've seen many people jump on him pretty hard whenever he says anything not very PC (ok, that's a bit of an understatement.) Anyways, I miss him too. :D

BigV 11-30-2012 03:54 PM

That's a terrible thing for him to say to you.

I've seen that before, and I've seen a number of other statements that are shitty too. But there's a fundamental difference between what a person is, and what a person says. Of course that goes both ways. I've heard sweet nothings that came from the lips of people who acted very differently. Furthermore, we've all had the experience of speaking in anger, overreacting. I won't speak for mercy, nor for you. But I know that the words we see here are the barest sliver of what makes us whole, makes us human.

I'm not trying to change your mind, only you can do that. But I can assure you that there's a great difference between a person's words and a person's humanity.

xoxoxoBruce 11-30-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby (Post 841071)
Nobody who isn't fundamentally a shitty person does stuff like this. He's a bigoted shitbag.

Aw, did he hurt your feelings? I suggest you toughen up before you hit the real world, 'cause they're going to get hurt a lot more, with your readiness to "correct" people you don't do/say things your way.

I wasn't surprised Merc pulled out, he was getting a lot of abuse. Not just in the threads where people disagreed with him like politics, but nasty remarks in other threads. Christ, he even took shit for posting in the links you'd like to share thread. :rolleyes:

Big Sarge 11-30-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibby (Post 841061)

Ibby you are a biased child with few life experiences. We support you with your constant drug usage and transexual lifestyle. Why can't you be more tolerant with those of different opinions?

I miss Merc. I felt he was a kindred soul

Ibby 11-30-2012 06:18 PM

I refuse to tolerate intolerance. Tolerating intolerance is perpetuating intolerance. Merc's a bigot. Playing nice with bigots isn't a game I'm fond of.