The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Today's fashion (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26639)

monster 01-08-2012 09:06 PM

Today's fashion

80s is back. torn jeans, pre-stressed clothing etc. Rips, coffee stains... so fashionable. When, oh when, will pre-stressed underarm areas be cool? White crustydeodorant stains on black t-shirts and yellow-ish sweat stains on white t-shirts?

it 01-08-2012 09:16 PM

really? or sarcasm? is that's the going on fashion?

last time i was looking for clothes it was for a winter coat and they all had a sort of world war 2 vest look to them... sort of like something jack from torchwood would wear... i liked it.

then again i am not sure if its actually in fashion or a really bad store still holding out its stock of xxxl's from 70 years ago for the ocasional large guy.

monster 01-08-2012 09:39 PM

Traceur, my dear, you are a darling but you really need to do your own research. Evidently not your strong point, but that's kind of how life rolls.

You already have learned (not through your own research but at least you asked) that the cellar is an old, old community

General browsing would divulge to you that so very few of us are fashion-conscious......

This thread is in the "Nothingland" forum -another check in the not-terribly-serious column....

so, please do go ahead and assume sarcasm. Although I prefer "amusing bullshit with a hint of irony" (not of the alanis school)

infinite monkey 01-08-2012 09:54 PM

80s fashions sucked in the eighties, but I just didn't know it then.

I wish hobo fashion would take off, I have an abundant supply. Those hobos, they know something and are way ahead of the game in the sweat stained look. At least in the summer. But they smell better in the winter. Hm. That's weird!

monster 01-08-2012 09:57 PM

rope belts?

pointy purple shoes?

...oh no, wait, that's dead homos.......

it 01-08-2012 09:59 PM

yay for online catfights.

i used to organize LARPs - we had chainmail, tailored toga's, a few poor escuses for roman platemail...

now that should come back.

ZenGum 01-08-2012 09:59 PM

I have noticed the 80s look is back as a retro thing.

monster 01-08-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 786148)
yay for online catfights.

huh?

See... you need to do more research. infi is my wife.

infinite monkey 01-08-2012 10:04 PM

Hahahhah! Really, the dead wear it so well. The way things sort of gracefully drape them, better than any 90 pound supermodel. Victorias Secret should just wheel out dead people, in wheelbarrows, dressed for the annual bra and panty extravaganza that they think needs to be on television. I might watch that, but I guess it wouldn't give their target audience much to spray their shorts over, so it would hurt the ratings.

it 01-08-2012 10:05 PM

come on, there's no guys on the internetz.

leather and fur are awesome. we should all get over our stupid ideologies, not to mantion fur beddings and blankets. no idea how the laundry would go, but how awesome would that be?

infinite monkey 01-08-2012 10:05 PM

Post 9 in response to post 5, btw. Geez honey, we never talk anymore. :lol:

it 01-08-2012 10:11 PM

huh, apearently fur bedding is an actual thing...

http://www.beddingchic.com/images/PB_furthrows.jpg

i really don't do my research.

monster 01-08-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 786152)
come on, there's no guys on the internetz.

Well, I can kinda give you a pass on that, given the (alleged) guys that have actually bothered to respond to your posts here to this point... but are you trying to tell us you have no balls either? Because if so, why in the name of spexxvet didn't you say so earlier? that's all we were waiting for, dummy! Why did you stay on the outside so long? classicman will be along shortly to wax you, and then XXXX will be along to administer the special induction quiz :)

xoxox

but really, please don't doubt my marriage to a dwellar again.

monster 01-08-2012 10:14 PM

oh and i forgot the flint test... but that's a paradiddle

it 01-08-2012 10:36 PM

not a people person are you?