The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hooray for the Cellar! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=295)

elSicomoro 06-14-2001 10:00 PM

Congrats Tony, on the 100th member of the Cellar!

Undertoad 06-15-2001 11:34 AM

Hey cool - and before I could notice, it's now at 102!

kezdeth 06-20-2001 05:13 PM

Out of curiosity...

Is there a way to find out what my user number is?

Undertoad 06-20-2001 05:22 PM

If you mouse over the "profile" or "email" buttons at the bottom of each post, the URL that comes up in the status bar contains the member number for the user that just posted. So you're number 85. (Treasure it!)

Also, if you click the "members" button at the top right, and then click on "date joined", it'll show people in reverse order of their user number.

kezdeth 06-20-2001 07:44 PM

Nift!

That's interesting. I'm a member of another weblog, but at that one you have to practically stand on your head to get that info. (I'm also not very active on that one anymore, too much infighting and back-biting there for my taste.) I've been so far just reading this one until today, and it seems much more civilised here.

jaguar 06-21-2001 02:25 AM

Yes, this place is, which is why i love it, so far despite being my usual outspoken arrognat self noone has flamed me, its all very civilised which is so rare on the web...Kudos to tony for running it =)

tw 06-21-2001 02:26 AM

Re: Hooray for the Cellar!

Quote:

Originally posted by Tony Shepps
...the URL that comes up in the status bar contains the member number for the user that just posted. So you're number 85. (Treasure it!)
I'M NOT A NUMBER.. I'M A FREE MAN!!

. . . . .

Sorry.
Just call me #12 and have a good day in The Village.

elSicomoro 06-21-2001 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jaguar
Yes, this place is, which is why i love it, so far despite being my usual outspoken arrognat self noone has flamed me, its all very civilised which is so rare on the web...Kudos to tony for running it =)

You gotta watch Jag though...damn Aussies! ;-)

I forgot how I stumbled upon this...I already knew a couple people from phl.media and phl.transportation...oh yeah! Tony posted it there...I'm rather impressed with how far it has spread in the 5 months I've been on here...lots o' people from all over the place.

And with that, I bid you all adieu temporarily...off to St. Louis for some R&R. :-)

Sycamore aka #18

GarlicQueen 07-04-2001 01:39 AM

Yikes! Leave for a few days and everything changes around here!

Part of the reason I haven't been here (besides the pea and garlic harvests) is that I've been dating a local IT manager. On the 2nd date, he told me what he does -- and from hanging out with you guys, I actually *understood* every word he said. He was so impressed he promptly asked me out for a 3rd date!

Thanks, guys! :-D

GarlicQueen, who at this time of night can't figure out her user number, but has had so many dates since with the IT guy that she's lost track of that number, too. Life is good! :-)