The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   9/26/2003: Record-setting dog ears (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4024)

jerguar 10-03-2003 05:06 PM

thought I'd throw in a newer Maximus pic

1 Attachment(s)
Just for fun...

slang 10-03-2003 05:14 PM

Thanks J, I love this dog!

Leus 10-03-2003 05:18 PM

I love your floor. Is that real wood?

jerguar 10-03-2003 06:00 PM

actually..

I just put that in by myself. It's Armstrong laminate flooring. Real hard wood wouldn't have stood up to Maximus' nails.

LUVBUGZ 10-03-2003 10:52 PM

Re: thought I'd throw in a newer Maximus pic

Quote:

Originally posted by jerguar
Just for fun...
I just went back and read some of the old threads where you posted pics of Maximus. He is simply beautiful:) . I have never seen an Old English that big. I think about 210 lbs. is the biggest I've seen, but 280...WOW! He's huge. How old is he now? Has he ever shown signs of hip problems? I love Mastiffs so much. I wish I could afford to have one. I am truly a large breed fan, but unfortunately I have never had the room or money to have a Big Dog. Please give him a BIG kiss for me, when he isn't drooly;) .

LUVBUGZ 10-03-2003 11:07 PM

UT

I know I promised to leave you alone, but that Petersburg Orchid pic had me laughing so hard, then I read your comment, "It's a new breed, possibly a mix of a yorkie and a stalk of broccoli." I almost peed my pants:D . That was a good IotD pic and great one liner:haha: .

Pearl is so cute, Bean too, I have never seen a Boston with so much white. How did you happen to find her?

xoxoxoBruce 10-03-2003 11:15 PM

Re: thought I'd throw in a newer Maximus pic

Quote:

Just for fun...
Your dog has his own dog?:eek:

jerguar 10-04-2003 01:42 PM

Quote:

I just went back and read some of the old threads where you posted pics of Maximus. He is simply beautiful . I have never seen an Old English that big. I think about 210 lbs. is the biggest I've seen, but 280...WOW! He's huge. How old is he now? Has he ever shown signs of hip problems? I love Mastiffs so much. I wish I could afford to have one. I am truly a large breed fan, but unfortunately I have never had the room or money to have a Big Dog. Please give him a BIG kiss for me, when he isn't drooly .
No hip issues at all so far. He just turned 3 in July and I think he's done growing (I hope). He is a ton of work though. Way more than I ever envisoned, but so worth it to me. He literally eats, sheds, and craps 4X as much as a good sized lab. And the slingers are something else.

:D

LUVBUGZ 10-04-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

No hip issues at all so far. He just turned 3 in July and I think he's done growing (I hope). He is a ton of work though. Way more than I ever envisoned, but so worth it to me. He literally eats, sheds, and craps 4X as much as a good sized lab. And the slingers are something else.

:D

Good news about the hips:) . Usually somewhere between 2 and 3 they exit puppyhood. Usually from here on out the only direction he'll grow is outward (ie. fatter);) . As I'm sure you know, but I'll state it just in case, I advise that you keep a handle on his "outward" growth. An obese Mastiff can lead to all kinds of physical problems (hips, back, ankles). Keep him active and at a reasonable weight to ensure his health and happiness, as well as yours:) . Don't forget to give him that kiss from me:) . Also, if you can would you post a pic of his smaller buddy, I feel as though he/she is being left out of the spotlight;) .

Leus 10-06-2003 09:02 AM

Re: actually..

Quote:

I just put that in by myself. It's Armstrong laminate flooring. Real hard wood wouldn't have stood up to Maximus' nails.
Bummer ;)