The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

monster 05-01-2012 08:11 PM

me.

jimhelm 05-03-2012 04:52 PM

Uncle Biff has stage 4 fucking lung cancer.

Shit.

zippyt 05-03-2012 05:46 PM

Sorry to hear this Jim

Clodfobble 05-03-2012 06:08 PM

Sorry, Jim.

jimhelm 05-03-2012 06:20 PM

Yah. I love biff. Hes my crazy uncle.

Aliantha 05-03-2012 06:31 PM

Sorry about your uncle Jim. It sux. How old is he? Has he at least had a good life up till now? Is a transplant out of the question?

jimhelm 05-03-2012 07:36 PM

I don't know a lot about it, but I think stage 4 means you're toast. Those were his words to my dad. "I'm toast"

He smoked most of his life, and ate and drank too much forever. He's always smiling, making fun, teasing, etc. He had a heart attack at 54..while riding his Harley and fell off.... I think he's 64 now.

His wife, Linda is the sweetest person in the whole world. I can't imagine what this is doing to her.

fuckshitdamnpisshell

Aliantha 05-03-2012 08:26 PM

I've been sitting here for half an hour trying to think of something inspirational or helpful to say but nothing is coming.

I'm really sorry your family will be going through this Jim. It's just horrible and I'm just really sorry for you all.

glatt 05-03-2012 08:43 PM

I'm sorry Jim. That sucks. Fuck cancer.

jimhelm 05-03-2012 10:04 PM

thanks.

Biff is a lot like my brother Todd. or vice versa.... i guess.

He was the one that always got caught for doing the stupid shit young men do. So I guess it's in keeping that he would get caught by the C. I think it sucks though. I mean... 64 is old, and all....(no it isn't) but it seems like he should just live forever... I guess it's going to begin soon... my older generation fading or failing.... My dad is too heavy, but otherwise hale. his side lives into their 90s. mostly. I dunno, I think he burned his candle pretty well. At one time, when arcade games were new, and I was a kid, Biff held the misslecommand record score. I had the impression that it was like...national, but it was probably just the machine in his pool hall. 3 million. that just takes tenacity and a lot of beer.

damn. I gotta get down to Charlotte before he goes... before he's too sick from the chemo or whatever.... fuckity fuck fuck. It is a shit way for him to go. he should die n a 100+ mph car crash like Sam Kinnison. if he's gonna die, I mean.

bleh

classicman 05-03-2012 10:49 PM

Damn Jim. Sorry to hear. :(
That really sucks. Fuck cancer.

jimhelm 05-03-2012 11:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the most recent picture I have of Biff. His real name is Charles, but... well look at him. Biff, right? He's on the left. My Dad on the right, dogs between. Sophie on top of the dog pile is my dad's best friend, and constant companion. Her sister's are Biffs. I don't know their names just now.

My dad just sent me this picture a few days ago. From the uncommonly serious expression on Biff's face, I assume they were discussing the topic at hand. This was, I expect taken after the PET scan, but before the meeting with the oncologist, which took place today. sigh.
Attachment 38590

THIS is how Biff presents in my minds eye. Always razzing my dad, and trying to kiss him.... which always makes my dad splutter and fuss...This was taken in 1998 at my wedding. He borrowed jinx's Step father's(Chuck) fancy Cigar Lighter at one point, and returned it by sliding it down 4 or 5 feet of the bar to him. Chuck was appalled, and would bring it up for YEARS.. I mean like 12 years... afterwards. Uncle Biff was sooo Boorish. ha. eat a dick, chuck.

Attachment 38591

jimhelm 05-03-2012 11:12 PM

ok.. sorry. enough of this. shit happens.

lets go back to some more shallowly scorched grooves, shall we?

I think the Flyers lost again tonight.. and to those dicks, the NJ Devils. I hate them, and I don't even like hockey.

Aliantha 05-04-2012 12:06 AM

You resemble your uncle Jim.

limey 05-04-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 810053)
You resemble your uncle Jim.

Yes, you do.
I'm sorry your family is going through this.