The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What earworm songs are burrowing through your head today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29107)

DanaC 07-26-2014 08:53 AM

This is on an advert that's been playing a lot lately. It is now firmly stuck in my noggin.

infinite monkey 07-26-2014 09:32 PM

Can't get this song out of my head. I don't feel alone. It's not that. I'm sure I've posted it before, but it's an earworm extraordinaire! I guess I'm just missing my mom.

elSicomoro 07-26-2014 10:06 PM

The song that took down a Biz Markie album

DanaC 07-27-2014 02:44 AM

hey Inf! Nice to see you m'dear.

I can see how that one got stuck in your head.

infinite monkey 07-27-2014 08:00 AM

Hi Dana! :)

Day 3, and I still can't get it out of my head. And I can't get the lyrics straight when I'm singing it in my head (or in my car.) I've tried listening to other stuff.

I think it's some sort of schizophrenic tendency. They'll find me in a corner tracing the lines in coloring books and mumbling 'alone again, naturally.' ;)

monster 07-27-2014 08:24 PM

That annoying Iggy Azaliea on someone else's One Less Problem Without You. grrrr. not even going near youtube to post a link in case it worsens the effect......

elSicomoro 07-27-2014 10:07 PM

I heard her for the first time ever the other day...I'm still saddened by it.

infinite monkey 07-27-2014 10:20 PM

re: alone again, naturally...

Because here's the thing. My dad is the one with the heart so very broken...but he's so strong and brave. He amazes me. My older brother and I were over there weeding the gardens my mom used to tend. It was a lovely time. My dad keeps busy. He's so healthy at 75 years old. He has friends, he works on his land he owns, he golfs, he takes care of the house and himself. My mom would be so proud. He tends her grave every week, and I can barely bring myself to go there...because 'she' isn't there, to me. And cause it makes me cry so hard. She's here, for sure. I dream about her and I talk to her. I miss her so much. If life is just energy, at the very least, her energy is sustaining me.

So, thanks for listening. This is how I feel. This is what I know.

sexobon 07-27-2014 11:35 PM

You're welcome.

And now for something completely different ...

infinite monkey 07-27-2014 11:41 PM

Oh, sexobon! That is a movie my dad loves. And that could be an earworm that gets me over the sad one. lmao! Thanks!

lumberjim 07-28-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 905799)
re: alone again, naturally...

Because here's the thing. My dad is the one with the heart so very broken...but he's so strong and brave. He amazes me. My older brother and I were over there weeding the gardens my mom used to tend. It was a lovely time. My dad keeps busy. He's so healthy at 75 years old. He has friends, he works on his land he owns, he golfs, he takes care of the house and himself. My mom would be so proud. He tends her grave every week, and I can barely bring myself to go there...because 'she' isn't there, to me. And cause it makes me cry so hard. She's here, for sure. I dream about her and I talk to her. I miss her so much. If life is just energy, at the very least, her energy is sustaining me.

So, thanks for listening. This is how I feel. This is what I know.

I wish I could offer more than a virtual hug.

infinite monkey 07-29-2014 08:58 AM

Thank you, jim.

DanaC 07-29-2014 01:00 PM

Yeah - virtual hug from me too, hon: *hug*

infinite monkey 07-29-2014 05:56 PM

Thanks dear Dana.

Amazing how acknowledgment from people I like helps.

I was Ms Vodka that night but it was good to 'say' it out loud.

Luvz ya both!

BigV 08-02-2014 01:55 PM

SonofV and I were seated next to each other on all four flights this last trip and on the last one, we were both listening to my iPod shuffle, no display, and this song came on. We laughed out loud and began singing along, including the hand gestures for the choruses. I'm sure we got some stares, but we surely had some fun!