The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

Clodfobble 09-01-2016 04:08 PM

The Wilfred finale did that to me. It wasn't just a letdown; I was furious for days.

BigV 09-01-2016 10:17 PM

Twil and I have just completed The Leftovers.

Thank god. What an ordeal. She loved it, I endured it . I kept waiting for it to coalesce into some recognizable narrative arc that included the initial premise, but no .

The acting and production values are excellent, but the story just never gelled for me.

BigV 09-01-2016 10:20 PM

Also just finished The Night Of, also on HBO. This one was excellent however. Recommended.

footfootfoot 09-02-2016 11:48 AM

Made the mistake of watching "Ellen" a film from England.

Fucked up. 0/10 would not recommend.

fargon 09-08-2016 03:42 PM

We are about to watch Galavant on Netflix. I missed a lot of them due to getting high, so now I'm gonna get high and binge watch them. I'm especially looking forward to Weird Al.

BigV 09-08-2016 04:06 PM

*Totally* worth it!

And getting high is probably fun too.

BigV 09-08-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 968600)
We are about to watch Galavant on Netflix. I missed a lot of them due to getting high, so now I'm gonna get high and binge watch them. I'm especially looking forward to Weird Al.

NSFW, because, Afroman.

Snakeadelic 10-04-2016 08:02 AM

Let's see...we've watched CSI...Vegas, Miami, and New York. We've actually been through Miami 3 times between our 2 apartments. Law & Order the same--original, SVU, and Criminal Intent. Currently I'm gnawing my way through the early seasons of Supernatural, and I'm planning to start Merlin soon as someone I like is a huge fan and I want to see if their taste in TV is anything like mine. Pretty soon we'll also be going back through the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones to keep us amused until season 7 actually happens.

Clodfobble 10-04-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeadelic
Currently I'm gnawing my way through the early seasons of Supernatural,

Oh wow, you've never seen Supernatural?! You are absolutely going to become a fangirl over it, trust me. You fit the profile to a T (and I don't mean that in a negative way, I just get a huge amount of fun trying to figure out how personality patterns translate into TV/movie preferences, and believe me... you, personally, will become completely addicted to this show. I'm going to say around season 4.)

BigV 10-04-2016 10:34 PM

Recently finished The Get Down.

O. M. G.

Baz Lurhman of Moulin Rouge fame has left his mark on this musicgasm. Season two is something to look forward to, while I re watch season one.

Do you like hip hop? R&B? NYC? Watch this.

BigV 10-04-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 970442)
Oh wow, you've never seen Supernatural?! You are absolutely going to become a fangirl over it, trust me. You fit the profile to a T (and I don't mean that in a negative way, I just get a huge amount of fun trying to figure out how personality patterns translate into TV/movie preferences, and believe me... you, personally, will become completely addicted to this show. I'm going to say around season 4.)

You know me pretty well, how susceptible am I to the guiles of Supernatural?

Clodfobble 10-04-2016 11:55 PM

You'd like it enough to watch all of it with TWIL, but you wouldn't binge it by yourself.

DanaC 10-05-2016 02:30 PM

I watched the first two eps of that and it didn't really catch me. I didn't particularly take to the two brothers. But I think I should probably give it more of a go. God knows enough of the shows I've adored over the years have had a rocky beginning.

DanaC 10-05-2016 02:35 PM

I probably should have given it a go during the tv lean season instead of fannying about with online surveys during my downtime....*

* so I did a bunch of surveys for about 6 weeks,and earned almost enough Amazon vouchers to buy mum a kindle. I had to put £10 towards and spent another £13 on a charger plug.

£59 of vouchers, and all I had to do was whore out my personal data to the entire interwebz and spend hours and hours a week answering questions about toiletry brands or my attitude to travel and so forth.

fargon 10-05-2016 03:21 PM

I did that for a year and made a grand total of $45.00.