The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

Happy Monkey 05-24-2017 12:08 PM

Rick and Morty was excellent.

I've been enjoying the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I love the robots taking everyone's jobs.

Griff 05-25-2017 06:46 AM

I watched the first episode of Handmaid's Tale last night very good transition from the page... this gonna be some dark shit.

Gravdigr 05-29-2017 01:24 PM

Louis CK's 2017 receives the full endorsement of Grav's Balls™.

BigV 05-29-2017 02:37 PM

Watched War Machine, a Netflix original starring Brad Pitt last night. An account of General Glen McMahon's tour in Afghanistan.

Worthy.

BigV 05-29-2017 02:44 PM

ALSO watched on Netflix, Skip Trace, a Jackie Chan movie (#guiltypleasure) with Johnny Knoxville. Mr Knoxville has always irritated me as an actor since his performance in Men In Black. Nothing personal, or professional, I just disliked his character in that movie and that kind of stuck with me as I watched his other performances. He's redeemed himself in this movie.

Jackie Chan is aging well. His acrobatic talent is undiminished though we don't see any bare-torso inverted situps in this one. He's often had a ... thread of travelogue in his movies, showing the specific details of a location and this movie is a perfect vehicle for this as he travels from Siberia through Mongolia to Hong Kong. I won't spoil it for you, but the scene with the Mongolian horse nomads is a delightful blend of documentary and comedy. Knoxville's character asks him at one point "Are you Wikipedia all the time?"

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

glatt 05-30-2017 09:20 AM

Watched Memento with the kids on Sunday night. It mesmerized them, but having seen it before, I was noticing little irritants in the story. Things that made the movie work well, but that didn't seem so realistic when you piece the story back together into its correct order and think about character motivation based on what they knew at the time.

Now I need to find a fan produced version of the movie where they re-edit it back into the correct order. Such an animal has to exist on You-Tube. It would be super easy to make. And would probably be fairly short, compared to the run-time of the actual movie.

Gravdigr 05-30-2017 01:14 PM

Or you could make one.;)

You could use that snazzy, new band saw.

Are we gonna paint/stain that saw, btw?

BigV 05-30-2017 03:30 PM

I vote for seafoam green, very industrial.

DanaC 06-04-2017 09:25 AM

I've been rewatching Series 8 and 9 of Doctor Who (as well watching the current series 10) - I have reassessed series 8 and enjoyed it much more in the light of what came next than I did at the time.

But that's by the by and for the Doctor thread -

Since Capaldi obsession has hit I decided to go rewatch The Thick of It.

It stands up very well. I do think it's probably the best political satire in several decades. It feels as relevant to today's political scene as yesterday's.

Gravdigr 06-04-2017 12:45 PM

Half a dozen or so episodes into Luke Cage. It's ok, but, I can't seem to get into it. It seems to fall flat just when you think 'Oh, this is about to get awesome!' But, then it doesn't.

monster 06-04-2017 07:27 PM

I watched You before Me on Amazon last night. stayed up way past when I should. Schmaltzy but I needed an excuse to shed a few TBH. Life is a bit shit now.

Griff 06-05-2017 06:14 AM

:(

glatt 06-05-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 990081)
Life is a bit shit now.

I'm sorry. :(

Clodfobble 06-05-2017 07:59 AM

We're thinking about you guys, monster. I'm sorry for all the crap you've been handed.

DanaC 06-05-2017 03:30 PM

:(