The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cellar Cookie Exchange (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19358)

Chocolatl 01-25-2009 08:58 PM

Cellar Cookie Exchange

We have upgraded from an experiment! Several Cellarites have expressed interest in a cookie exchange, so here we go.

Cookies will be swapped and there will be much rejoicing and possibly weight gain in Cellar land.

Step 1:
PM me by Monday, February 2nd with:
-Address for cookie delivery
-How many people you are interested in baking for

By Friday, February 6th, I will PM you back with a list of your cookiecipients and their addresses.

Step 2
Bake cookies!
Ship out half a dozen cookies (adjust if your cookies are tiny or enormous) to each cookiecipient by Monday, February 23rd. Recipes are optional.

Step 3
Profit.
Eat and enjoy, and take pictures for posterity.

Note: Due to the perishable nature of cookies, the cookie exchange is going to have to be 'merkins only so that no furriners get screwed with postage and/or stale cookies.

BigV 01-25-2009 09:02 PM

What a crumby thread.

lumberjim 01-25-2009 09:04 PM

great!

i want to mail to jinx! i get a discount on postage....

Beestie 01-25-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 526398)
Note: Due to the perishable nature of cookies, the cookie exchange is going to have to be 'merkins only so that no furriners get screwed with postage and/or stale cookies.

No worries, mate - I'll whip up a batch of grandma Beestie's famous fruit-cake cookies for our buds across the pond.

Sundae 01-26-2009 09:45 AM

Are you calling me a fruitcake?!

I'd love to get cookies if you're happy to send.
But I might PM Limey and see if she wants to be part of the exchange with me. Okay we won't have any surprises, but we'll still be taking part in all other aspects.

lumberjim 01-26-2009 09:47 AM

cool...and the aussies could do it too

Chocolatl 01-26-2009 02:39 PM

I don't mind coordinating addresses for those, like Beestie, who would like to trade with someone on another continent. I just didn't want anyone to get hit with surprise postage.

Just let me know when you drop your PM if you're up for international trades. :)

limey 01-28-2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 526562)
Are you calling me a fruitcake?!

I'd love to get cookies if you're happy to send.
But I might PM Limey and see if she wants to be part of the exchange with me. Okay we won't have any surprises, but we'll still be taking part in all other aspects.

Ahem - beat you to it. Shall we ask Dana if she's in, too?

Sundae 01-28-2009 08:16 AM

Aye, although 3 people, 1 cookie exchange...?
How you do that?

limey 01-28-2009 01:29 PM

easy ...
each cooks enough for two people and sends them in two directions
OR
each cooks enough for one and sends it to the person on the left (i.e. you to me, me to Dana, Dana to you or whichever other variant comes out of the bag)
Any other Brits interested can join in the chain ...

Sundae 01-28-2009 01:38 PM

Of course, I don't have a logical mind :)
The more the merrier, esp if it includes a good old bird like D.

BTW - making the biscuit top a crumble really worked on the Apple Cake front.
Except that my Mum declared it too spicy. Mot spicy as in hot, just spicy as in two teaspoons of Mixed Spice and two of Cinnamon. I thought it was lovely, and well salvaged by yours truly. Dads just et it.

Beestie 01-28-2009 09:58 PM

Yeah, I'm in. Domestic or International.

Sundae 01-29-2009 12:34 PM

I'm gonna make some coooooookies
And you can't have none....

Disclaimer - this does not apply to Limey and/ or DanaC
This offer is subject to availability

In all seriousness, I have a recipe, I have 90% of the ingredients (important on a budget) and Mum says if I make them she'll cover the cost of postage, as she understands that she'll probably eat most of what we receive :)

Us UK Dwellars are outside the official exchange, but will be complying with the deadlines so that we are joining in, in our own way.

All excited now!

limey 01-29-2009 01:31 PM

Is there anything your mother doesn't eat?

Sundae 01-29-2009 01:32 PM

Butter beans.
That's about it.

Honestly, I would have warned you otherwise ;)