The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Will I Stay or Will I Go? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28926)

infinite monkey 04-22-2013 10:40 AM

Will I Stay or Will I Go?

The countdown is on, and I'm feeling sicker by the minute. It might be that I'm more apprehensive about staying than about going...but I don't really know.

I'm trying to keep my mind off tomorrow afternoon. Whatever happens will happen. But I don't need a spanking and it it turns into a 'how crap you are' event towards me I'll just have to say "Aww, come on, you've already intimidated me and beat on me...now that it's almost over let's just make it all over and get over it."

glatt 04-22-2013 10:53 AM

So what is going on tomorrow? You mentioned this countdown before, but I didn't really follow. What's so special about tomorrow?

infinite monkey 04-22-2013 10:56 AM

It's the last day of my Corrective action plan. To correct the plans that caused the actions that have been going on since way before I got here...

I think it's more personal than anything at this point. But really, they could extend the torture.

Argh.

glatt 04-22-2013 11:00 AM

Be strong.

limey 04-22-2013 12:08 PM

Be strong, like he said.

footfootfoot 04-22-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 861998)
It's the last day of my Corrective action plan. To correct the plans that caused the actions that have been going on since way before I got here...

I think it's more personal than anything at this point. But really, they could extend the torture.

Argh.

Yeah don't watch episode 4 of season three Game of Thrones...

zippyt 04-22-2013 01:04 PM

Suprize them and quit , no job no matter What the bennies are is worth going crasy over!
Just my thoughts , be strong ,when they talk trash , smile and say "I love you too!"

infinite monkey 04-22-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 862010)
Yeah don't watch episode 4 of season three Game of Thrones...

Don't worry. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 862012)
Suprize them and quit , no job no matter What the bennies are is worth going crasy over!
Just my thoughts , be strong ,when they talk trash , smile and say "I love you too!"

I can't quit. I still need to live. I don't want to forfeit my vacation pay and unemployment.

However, if I'm kept on, I will eventually be putting in my 1 month notice so I can at least get my vacay pay. Unless things changed a whole lot and quickly, you're right...it's not worth going crazy over!

Ugh ugh ugh I just want it over with.

Griff 04-22-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 862012)

I'm surprised she gets bennies at all. Its not like she's a trucker yet. Could be the bennies are the problem. This kinda sounds like me on a rough day.

Short-term Effects

Small doses of amphetamines can make you feel alert and energetic. They can increase your breathing and heart rates, decrease your appetite, and dilate your pupils. They can cause a dry mouth and sleeping problems. At higher doses, you can experience euphoria. Smoking and injecting amphetamines can produce an extremely pleasurable rush or “flash” that lasts a few minutes. Side effects include:

Restlessness,

Shakiness,

Sweating,

Anxiety,

Headache,

Blurred vision,

Dizziness,

Irregular heartbeat, and

Chest pain.

Some users experience feelings of power and superiority. Some become hostile and aggressive. Overdose can cause delusions, hallucinations, high fever, delirium, seizures, coma, stroke, heart failure and death. Use with alcohol and other drugs are especially dangerous.

Pete Zicato 04-22-2013 08:51 PM

So. What happened?

infinite monkey 04-23-2013 07:35 AM

I'll let you know once something actually happens. ;)

Meeting at 2 today. :(

I just want it over with.

Sundae 04-23-2013 09:34 AM

Can't kill you, can't eat you.
Life will go on either way, I promise.

I know - still on Management Leave myself. Little chance of ever going back now.

DanaC 04-23-2013 11:48 AM

Thinking of you, m'dear. Keep us posted, eh.

infinite monkey 04-23-2013 11:56 AM

Thanks, I will.

I just realized I have the scheduled meeting with accounting at 2. My OTHER meeting is at 3.

Late in the day...usually means something.

Like I said, I want to get it over with but it's still two hours away.

I'm hanging on to the words of my friends for dear life. Because it will all be OK. Thanks for being here through my ordeal. I just need to hang on a little bit longer.

BigV 04-23-2013 12:44 PM

they can't fucking eat you.

wise wisdom gifted to me very early in my career. it's true, regardless of how it rings in your ears. besides, you were looking for a job when you found this one, right? I've been paralyzed by the fear of economic armageddon; that paralysis led me to stay long after I should have left on my terms to my psychic detriment every time. And every time, the next gig was much better, economically and and psychically. (of course, each of those ended too, but it was better than what had just ended.)

your worth and value is NOT determined by the summary paragraph on anyone's CA document, regardless of how fancy-ass the stationery is.