The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Strange Ideas that just might work (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10683)

Kagen4o4 05-04-2006 09:51 PM

Strange Ideas that just might work

I want to open a gay night club and have people enter round back at a door that says "No Entry"

what other crazy ideas have people had? like when you were intoxicated and you and your friends thought "that would be so cool if we did that" but never did it. or if the idea just came to you out of nowhere when you werent even thinking of anything remotely close to the thought and you just had to make a new thread about it.

Cheyenne 05-04-2006 09:57 PM

I once told my teacher that there should be jet planes that take off and land like helicopters. She informed me of what an ignorant idea that was. (my concern at the time was getting the wounded out of enemy territory in Nam)

http://www.exwar.org/Graphics/Photos...er%20hover.jpg
Who's laughing now?

wolf 05-04-2006 09:57 PM

I wanted to either paint or slipcover one of the buildings on my college campus pink. This was really weird in 1982.

Now that Christo has done it to the Reichstag, it's kind of ho-hum.

fargon 05-04-2006 10:17 PM

Having a strange machine in your house the will tell you anything you want to know, or send and recive messages to any one in the world. I was told by my teachers in 1966 to stop dreaming.

lumberjim 05-04-2006 10:20 PM

jinx and i dreamt up cyber cafe's 5 years before we saw one. good thing we didnt do that.....

also, i imagined trains supported and propelled by magnets when i was in 8th grade.

SteveDallas 05-04-2006 10:44 PM

About 6 or 7 years ago I got pissed off at something some political columnist wrote, and I started thinking that I could write political commentary just as good as many of the idiots in the newspapers. And I could just put it up on my own web site... since I wouldn't be under the pressure of a weekly deadline, I could just write whenever I had something substantial to say.

Of course, I never actually did it, and now everybody and their brother (or so it seems) has a blog.

Kagen4o4 05-04-2006 11:16 PM

these are great! keep em coming

Kagen4o4 05-04-2006 11:20 PM

i thought for a while that humans and other living creatures were just like cells in a bigger organism. i wanted to write a book/thesis telling the evolution of life from single cellular to multicellular to multi organism lifeforms. i recently found out about the Gaia Hypothesis

now im just happy im not the only one that thinks and understands this

Cyclefrance 05-05-2006 06:13 PM

I had this idea as a boy that we all saw different colours from each other but wouldn't know this because we would say 'that is yellow' and 'this is red' so we all thought we were seeing the same colour - when what I was seeing as yellow was your red.... and so on....

Does that make sense?

Kagen4o4 05-05-2006 06:27 PM

yeah i thought that too.

rkzenrage 05-05-2006 06:51 PM

Got one that I hope to patent soon, keep your fingers crossed for me.

richlevy 05-05-2006 07:15 PM

We should rename parkways driveways and driveways parkways.:cool:

limey 05-06-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclefrance
I had this idea as a boy that we all saw different colours from each other but wouldn't know this because we would say 'that is yellow' and 'this is red' so we all thought we were seeing the same colour - when what I was seeing as yellow was your red.... and so on....

Does that make sense?

I still think that!

romuh doog 05-07-2006 12:13 AM

I (upon discovering what a Hooters restaurant was really about) decided that I would like to open up a restaurant called Peckers. I would hire muscle bound, hotties to serve up footlongs, and dress them in next to nothing.

When they became overweight or got pudgy? They could go work for my BBQ restaurant Porkys.

~ Thats all I had....:o

DucksNuts 05-07-2006 04:46 AM

Ohh great idea.

I think you should follow up on that one!!