The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Goodbye, Cruel Cellar (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11384)

Flint 08-03-2006 08:53 AM

Goodbye, Cruel Cellar

I'm afraid I don't have the constitution to stomach this site anymore. Which is sad, really, considering some of the great people here. Maggie, with her pleasant, light-hearted banter. lumberjim, with his gentle, grandfatherly advice. Even capnhowdy, with his warm, welcoming spirit. These are the kind of people I will truly miss.

Unfortunately, there always seems to be one "bad apple" that spoils the barrel. I have learned this lesson the hard way, upon encountering the grade-A slimebag known as _______. Let me tell you, folks, this one is a real sicko. If he hasn't given you ths shaft, yet, let me just warn you: watch your back. I wish I could stick around, but this town truly isn't big enough for the two of us.

So, in the words of the great 20th century poet Steve Perry, "I didn't wanna say goodbye." Farewell, dear friends, and to the ones for which I hold a special place in my heart, rest easy, and always remember: you're one of the good ones.

glatt 08-03-2006 08:59 AM

Bye, Flint.

Shawnee123 08-03-2006 09:05 AM

I just met you but I don't want you to leave. I am naive to most of the inner goings-on here, so I am unaware of who is making you want to leave (hope it's not me) but I think you should stay.

Undertoad 08-03-2006 09:20 AM

He doesn't mean anyone in particular; like most of his posts, it's a game. To call shenanigans on one unnamed person causes all readers to be suspicious of all other readers.

Kitsune 08-03-2006 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint
Maggie, with her pleasant, light-hearted banter. lumberjim, with his gentle, grandfatherly advice.

In your departing sorrow, you accidentally reversed these.

Stormieweather 08-03-2006 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint
Unfortunately, there always seems to be one "bad apple" that spoils the barrel. I have learned this lesson the hard way, upon encountering the grade-A slimebag known as _______. Let me tell you, folks, this one is a real sicko. If he hasn't given you ths shaft, yet, let me just warn you: watch your back..

Oh com'on Flint. Name names! This thread would have had potential if you'd done so...:p

Anyway, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Stormie

Pangloss62 08-03-2006 09:37 AM

Later, Flint.

I for one will miss Flint, regardless of any tensions between him and others here. As a materialist and an atheist, I found myself agreeing with most of his arguments. There actually are atheists in fox holes, and they can be a lonely place. Oh well. Que sera, sera.:(

Pie 08-03-2006 10:03 AM

Sorry to see you go, Flint. I thought you were one of the more interesting AG'ers, for what it's worth.

SteveBsjb 08-03-2006 01:28 PM

I hate __________ too. That user can push anyone to their limit.

MaggieL 08-03-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie
one of the more interesting AG'ers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakespeare
small choice amongst rotten apples

:-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pope
Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,
And, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer.

Flint 08-03-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
I hate __________ too. That user can push anyone to their limit.

I don't hate _______. In fact, the only one I really hate right now . . . . . . . . . . is me . . .

Ibby 08-03-2006 02:15 PM

IF, and it's a big if, there IS a single person that fits the blank, its probably Der Furher Von Trivia.

Undertoad 08-03-2006 02:20 PM

No, no it's me. I'm sorry, I truly apologize, and all I can say is that I hope the psychological counseling for the rest of the family is effective.

lumberjim 08-03-2006 02:22 PM

i am lumberjim's withering distaste

Griff 08-03-2006 02:33 PM

Whose name fits in 7 spaces? I'm too short and have been generally shirking my prick duty.