The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

SteveDallas 12-22-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
The Meaning of Life is already under the tree for SonofV. It's gonna be good.

Speaking as a protestant, I highly recommend the exposition on protestant sexual practices. It's often lost in the shuffle after the showstopping "Every Sperm."

footfootfoot 12-23-2006 08:06 PM

Several times while watching Thomas the Tank engine, inch has ordered me out of the room while a particular episode is playing. He gets very agitated and is emphatic about me going away. It is the episode with a big elephant being carted around. I am going to watch it later and see what it's about.

Very odd. All the others he doesn't mind me being around, and the one where Fergus has to go to the smelter, gets him scared and he insists that I stand by.

It's my own personal WTF?

Q baby 12-27-2006 06:48 PM

we went to the mountains this weekend. we had the radio on with some old-fashioned country christmas music on, and while driving up the fog-covered mountainside, we could see only fog and a smidgen of road. after a few miles, my 6 yr old asked 'mom, are we in heaven?'

Q baby 12-27-2006 06:56 PM

MiniQ also called my cell phone today and left this message:

"Mom, brother went somewhere 'ribout' (that's how he says 'without') asking.
OK.
Bye."

My daughter has taught him well.

SteveDallas 12-27-2006 08:56 PM

If you were in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, I can understand how the kid could get confused that way.

Q baby 12-27-2006 09:04 PM

we were, it was cute tho.

SteveDallas 01-18-2007 11:32 PM

My son found a piece of paper on top of a pile of stuff. It was obviously an important financial document. It had his name on it. And it had an amonut of money in excess of $500. He came to the conclusion that it was a check for him and came tearing upstairs to show it to Mrs. Dallas.

I can only imagine how crestfallen he was when she explained to him that it was not a check, but a receipt for his daycare expenses.

(We're de-cluttering the house, and all kinds of old records are surfacing. "Do we need to keep the tax return from 1993?")

monster 01-20-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 301430)
Several times while watching Thomas the Tank engine, inch has ordered me out of the room while a particular episode is playing. He gets very agitated and is emphatic about me going away. It is the episode with a big elephant being carted around. I am going to watch it later and see what it's about.

Very odd. All the others he doesn't mind me being around, and the one where Fergus has to go to the smelter, gets him scared and he insists that I stand by.

It's my own personal WTF?

Did you ever find out?

lumberjim 01-20-2007 02:50 PM

The other day, My 6yo daughter told me that she was crazy on the inside, but cute on the outside.

LabRat 01-22-2007 09:02 AM

Like father, like daughter.

mitheral 01-27-2007 05:18 PM

My daughter (2) has a very unhelpful set of responses when she hurts her self and we ask her where she hurts:

Over there ---> *points to floor*
or
In the kitchen.
or
At the door.

Sometimes she's stopped crying before we figure out what the problem is.

Perry Winkle 01-27-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitheral (Post 310929)
My daughter (2) has a very unhelpful set of responses when she hurts her self and we ask her where she hurts:

Over there ---> *points to floor*
or
In the kitchen.
or
At the door.

Maybe it's your decor?

:eek2:

footfootfoot 01-28-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 308988)
Did you ever find out?

I've watched it and have no clue. Who knows what is going on in his head?

lumberjim 01-28-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 309315)
Like father, like daughter.

but she burps like her mother!

LabRat 01-29-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 311137)
I've watched it and have no clue. Who knows what is going on in his head?

Have you asked him? Maybe when he's not watching it, bring it up. Now I've got to know...