The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Assumptions about other Cellar users (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10888)

SteveBsjb 05-31-2006 01:43 PM

Assumptions about other Cellar users

Why do some message-board users seem to prefer to assume something negative about another user here rather than ask them directly if their assumption is correct? And be polite about it while asking.

So many, it seems, choose to post their assumption first and maybe even hope it's inflammatory?

WabUfvot5 05-31-2006 02:18 PM

People seem to crave drama.

Undertoad 05-31-2006 02:28 PM

(moved to Cellar meta)

MaggieL 05-31-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebediah
People seem to crave drama.

Yes...some folks crave it so bad that when they finally realize how bad they looked whining in another thread, rather than stop they'll start another thread specifically to whine in. Some have even done that more than once.

Flint 05-31-2006 02:54 PM

...if you build it they will come...

skysidhe 05-31-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Why do some message-board users seem to prefer to assume something negative about another user here rather than ask them directly if their assumption is correct? And be polite about it while asking.

So many, it seems, choose to post their assumption first and maybe even hope it's inflammatory?

wow, what a thought [but these people are the politest board users. Perhaps you meant to post this on another site?]

I know it's a crappy place to find yourself Steve....I know, I've been there. Sorry 'bout that but
The irony of this just makes me feel like an 'open mouth drooler' so my pain for ya factor is real low. Sorry 'bout that too.

Trilby 05-31-2006 05:44 PM

I have always assumed that all Cellarites know better than I do and have more and better life experiences than I do and are certainly much more worthy. I live by that.

xoxoxoBruce 05-31-2006 07:48 PM

And that Brianna, goes straight to the heart of your problem. IT'S NOT TRUE.
Understand that, and you're on your way. You won't need to be reassured daily. ;)

skysidhe 05-31-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
I have always assumed that all Cellarites know better than I do and have more and better life experiences than I do and are certainly much more worthy. I live by that.

*tease with a grin*
ahh, but do they have a purple living room? ;);) I bet not.

I want better life experiences too but I am too chicken to be cool. You're cool. :)

Beestie 05-31-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
I have always assumed that all Cellarites know better than I do and have more and better life experiences than I do and are certainly much more worthy.

[smack upside yo head] Bullshit. [/smack]

Undertoad 05-31-2006 10:06 PM

It must be true because it's now the Cellar tag line.

Flint 06-01-2006 08:12 AM

touche'

footfootfoot 06-01-2006 09:16 AM

since no one else has said it yet, I guess it falls on my shoulders to point out "when you make an assumption, you make an ass out of u and mption."

Trilby 06-01-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
It must be true because it's now the Cellar tag line.

I'm...I'm so honored!

Kagen4o4 06-01-2006 07:01 PM

assumption is the mother of all americans. :D