The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SITE (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4657)

sexobon 11-02-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carruthers (Post 1017992)
It's something of a shame that the finished article can't be previewed in its entirety, so I shall just have to learn to 'fly blind'. :eek:

Carruthers,

There's a seldom used feature of the Cellar that may help you until you can get your post preview fully working again. I have a Social Group under my sockpuppet name UCB4U. As UCB4U, I'm sending you an invitation to join the Group. When you accept the invitation I'll activate it and you'll be able to post there. I've already created a thread for you: https://cellar.org/group.php?do=disc...iscussionid=14

You can copy what you have in your preview box and post it in that thread to see it without littering the forums. When you're done editing, you can copy it and post it in the forums and then delete it in the Social Group thread as you wish.

Try it. If it works for you, you're welcome to use it indefinitely. If you prefer, you can also create your own Social Group for that purpose.

xoxoxoBruce 11-03-2018 12:34 AM

If you're not happy with how a post came out you can always delete it.

Carruthers 11-03-2018 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1018062)
Carruthers,

There's a seldom used feature of the Cellar that may help you until you can get your post preview fully working again. I have a Social Group under my sockpuppet name UCB4U. As UCB4U, I'm sending you an invitation to join the Group. When you accept the invitation I'll activate it and you'll be able to post there. I've already created a thread for you: https://cellar.org/group.php?do=disc...iscussionid=14

You can copy what you have in your preview box and post it in that thread to see it without littering the forums. When you're done editing, you can copy it and post it in the forums and then delete it in the Social Group thread as you wish.

Try it. If it works for you, you're welcome to use it indefinitely. If you prefer, you can also create your own Social Group for that purpose.

Many thanks. That'll be a handy addition to the armoury!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1018079)
If you're not happy with how a post came out you can always delete it.

Good point!


Thank you, Gentlemen. :thumb:

sexobon 11-03-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1018062)
You can copy what you have in your preview box and post it in that thread to see it without littering the forums. When you're done editing, you can copy it and post it in the forums and then delete it in the Social Group thread as you wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1018079)
If you're not happy with how a post came out you can always delete it.

Yeah, no.

Everyone who's logged-in will see the deletions. That's distracting if done on a regular basis which is why I suggested the Social Groups route.

XoB, former moderator, advocating litterbugs. :headshake

xoxoxoBruce 11-03-2018 03:30 PM

See, they don't take that much room and only moderators can read them.

sexobon 11-03-2018 03:35 PM

They're eyesores. The tourists will be flocking away in droves.

BTW, you shouldn't have said all those nasty things about tw in that post you deleted.

xoxoxoBruce 11-03-2018 03:50 PM

No, they show the poster is thoughtful, trying to be clear, and open to change.

sexobon 11-03-2018 03:58 PM

That's editing, not deleting.

I took a screen shot of that post before you deleted it. I can refrain from showing it...for a price; or, I can show it to an interested party who was the subject of that post...for a price.

sexobon 12-22-2018 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 65913

Why should people click on the FAQ and register links "above" (toolbar) when the links are in the Welcome paragraph?

Is there a prize involved? Inquiring minds want to know.

xoxoxoBruce 12-23-2018 12:38 AM

Think of how rich and/or famous you could be if you put all that free time to productive endeavors. :haha:

sexobon 12-23-2018 07:52 AM

Looking for someone else to do IOTD huh?

Dude111 12-24-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon
Why should people click on the FAQ and register links "above" (toolbar) when the links are in the Welcome paragraph?

Ah man!!

sexobon 02-16-2019 01:36 PM

Where's Sheriff Bart? This is his big chance to say "Howdy stranger."

Gravdigr 11-22-2019 03:09 PM

Man. My posts are taking forever and a day to show up in the thread.

Undertoad 11-22-2019 04:31 PM

Let me see



It was probably a temporary thing - there's no delay right now, but sometimes we do get hit with a search engine spider trying to crawl the entire site, that slows us down.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.