The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

lumberjim 02-04-2010 03:02 PM

When I am ready to bring a customer into my office, I get on the intercom and page the salesman. When I say, for example, "Franklin Smith, come on down!" that's the code that means for them to bring the customer with them.

I'm working on paperwork for one Robert Barker right now.

I am mildly amused.

lumberjim 02-04-2010 03:12 PM

hmmm.... I have the theme music in this computer too...... should I go over the top, or just ....

SteveDallas 02-05-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 632340)
hmmm.... I have the theme music in this computer too...... should I go over the top, or just ....

Do it. Because a guy named Bob Barker has never heard Price is Right jokes before

Why don't you offer him a set of free floor mats (or something) if he can guess the correct retail price of undercoating or extended warranty service or something.

EDIT: A day late and a dollar short. Never mind.

skysidhe 02-05-2010 09:58 PM

While picking up an rx for my mom I picked up a Pepsi. I'm sitting here looking at the label and it says it is a 'Throwback' Pepsi made 'with real sugar-for a limited time' lol

It's amusing using anything real is only for a limited time.

I guess Pepsi started using HFCS in the 80s. I didn't know that!
I mean I didn't realize there was ever a switch. I guess I am not the label reader I thought I was.

lumberjim 02-05-2010 10:13 PM

did it taste any better?

skysidhe 02-05-2010 10:35 PM

Yes I like it better BUT it is probably just nostalgia skewing my perceptions.

I need to do a blind taste test to know for sure. Definite cane sugar taste though.

lumberjim 02-05-2010 10:50 PM

like a pepsi challenge?

you got a video camera?

jinx 02-05-2010 10:51 PM

I took the pepsi challenge at the NY state fair. I picked pepsi.

skysidhe 02-05-2010 10:56 PM

I like caffeine free diet coke recently.

I would be curious which I would choose in a challenge though.

No video camera. yay!

xoxoxoBruce 02-06-2010 02:03 AM

Caffeine free diet coke? No caffeine and no sugar(hfcs), why bother? I'd be pinging on the hills, with that stuff. :haha:

skysidhe 02-06-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 632798)
Caffeine free diet coke? No caffeine and no sugar(hfcs), why bother? I'd be pinging on the hills, with that stuff. :haha:

well I don't drink it always. I just have it on hand. There is a member of the household who is blessed with the ability to turn sugar and caffeine into an all nighter.
( not me )

I do think it tastes better than the diet coke or any other diet except for the sierra mist diet.

Pico and ME 02-07-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 632798)
... I'd be pinging on the hills, ...

...whats that mean???

xoxoxoBruce 02-08-2010 01:40 AM

That's what an engine does when the octane of the fuel isn't high enough.

Pico and ME 02-08-2010 10:30 PM

:thankyou:

xoxoxoBruce 02-16-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

PARSIPPANY – Two out-of-town teenagers were held by police Thursday night after they drew a 25-foot penis in the snow on Parsippany High School’s front lawn, police said.

Parsippany Police Officer Steven Miller saw the 17-year-old boys using their feet to outline the lewd image around 11:30 p.m., said Sgt. Yvonne Christiano, a police spokeswoman. Miller caught them soon after they left the school in a vehicle, she said.

One of the teens, of Boonton, was arrested on a $215 traffic warrant that had been issued in Montville for failing to provide driving documents, she said. He was turned over to his father.

The other teen, of Montville, was ordered to erase the image as Parsippany Police Officer Robert Appel stood by.

Police did not charge the teens, who were not named by authorities.

:lol: