The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

Sundae 02-07-2009 11:53 AM

Bin there. Done that.
Crummy, but just thank FSM you still have a social life - enjoy it :)

monster 02-08-2009 10:29 PM

people are scorching my groove today. just fuck you all, you don't deserve me anyway. And no, i'm not drinking, but maybe i damn well should be.

Trilby 02-09-2009 09:18 AM

monster, don't let the few get you down like this--- it's not worth it. Loads of us appreciate you!! me, for one.

Trilby 02-09-2009 09:19 AM

PS and change your user title, ya!

monster 02-09-2009 08:05 PM

bah. thanks, though. it wasn't just you lot, the whole damn world was out to get me yesterday. s'ok, though, I got 'em back :p

it was stupid, though, I just didn't expect all that backlash because I never realized and the picture has been up for 6 weeks and no-one said anything.....

Aliantha 02-09-2009 11:28 PM

People being rude for no apparent reason. In particular, being rude to people who don't deserve it.

That's what's scorching my groove today.

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 11:22 AM

March Madness. Yawn.

lumberjim 03-07-2009 04:38 PM

I noticed a new door ding on jinx's XK today. my groove is scorched.

TheMercenary 03-08-2009 08:21 PM

Being blamed for other peoples stupidity scorches my ass. You fucked up, don't blame me dumb ass.

Your mental illness is not my problem.

LabRat 04-02-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 542561)
I noticed a new door ding on jinx's XK today. my groove is scorched.

Just a couple days ago I noticed two white dings in Max that even if I can buff them off, will leave good sized dents. People are so fucking rude.

What's really scorching my (workout) groove is a bum left shoulder. I f00k3d it up swimming Monday, and skipped my swim yesterday to give it a chance to heal. So far today is the worst. :mad: I could barely pull on my socks/pants this morning. I did manage to get them both on though eventually.

The worst part is I think I know how I did it. Our normal pool is down for repairs, so our swim group is using a collegiate pool, that has a bulkhead moved about 1/3 of the way down it's length such that the 'shallow' end is 5' deep. I am 5'2''. S, inbetween sets, I have to hang on the wall or the rope to keep from drowning. I'm pretty sure this is when I ganked my shoulder out of whack.

Unfortunately this is the only pool that we are going to be able to use for at least 2 more weeks minimum (Murphy's law will apply I am sure).

dammit.

dar512 04-02-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 552223)
Just a couple days ago I noticed two white dings in Max that even if I can buff them off, will leave good sized dents. People are so fucking rude.

What's really scorching my (workout) groove is a bum left shoulder. I f00k3d it up swimming Monday, and skipped my swim yesterday to give it a chance to heal. So far today is the worst. :mad: I could barely pull on my socks/pants this morning. I did manage to get them both on though eventually.

The worst part is I think I know how I did it. Our normal pool is down for repairs, so our swim group is using a collegiate pool, that has a bulkhead moved about 1/3 of the way down it's length such that the 'shallow' end is 5' deep. I am 5'2''. S, inbetween sets, I have to hang on the wall or the rope to keep from drowning. I'm pretty sure this is when I ganked my shoulder out of whack.

Unfortunately this is the only pool that we are going to be able to use for at least 2 more weeks minimum (Murphy's law will apply I am sure).

dammit.

I'm sure you know this already, but liberal use of icing it and taking ibuprofen will shorten the recovery time.

SteveDallas 04-02-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 552225)
I'm sure you know this already, but liberal use of icing it . . . .will shorten the recovery time.

Oh yeah.. I've found icing does wonders for my sports injuries. Especially chocolate... makes the pain just recede into the background.

dar512 04-02-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 552236)
Especially chocolate... makes the pain just recede into the background.

It's probably the caffeine, but I don't think that works when applied externally. :D

Shawnee123 04-02-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 552225)
I'm sure you know this already, but liberal use of icing it and taking ibuprofen will shorten the recovery time.

I thought you were talking about the dings in her car (well I'm hoping Max is her car,) at first.

I've become confused and disoriented. :nuts:

dar512 04-02-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 552281)
I've become confused and disoriented. :nuts:

It's that folksinger drink you had. :D