The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's scorching your groove today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18360)

HungLikeJesus 12-16-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 514235)
Wish me luck guys. A semi tried to run me off the interstate this morning (changed lanes while I was right next to him and pushed me almost into the construction guard wall...I flipped that fucker off all the way up the road.)

Sigh. I'm a poo today. I need a hug. :(

That was just BrianR saying hello.

Cicero 12-16-2008 04:54 PM

Oh. :(

Huggies!

Now who was it, so I may find the asshole that almost killed the shaw shaw.

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 08:39 AM

Thanks all!

Took an hour and a half to get home, which wasn't bad considering the conditions.

footfootfoot 12-17-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 514317)
Huggies!

What? You think it's gonna take her THAT long to drive home?

Pie 12-17-2008 10:29 AM

:morncoff:
I think I'm gonna need a windshield wiper for my monitor. Srsly.

Shawnee123 12-17-2008 10:37 AM

lol

I'm no rocket scientist...or astronaut.

Shawnee123 12-18-2008 03:11 PM

There went my dream job:

http://www.thescholarship.com/

glatt 12-18-2008 04:09 PM

Is that the same thing as "Semester at Sea?"

ZenGum 12-18-2008 06:31 PM

Scholarship - damn, i had my eye on that for the future.

At least the Peace Boat is still sailing.

skysidhe 12-29-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 511706)
Really Old drivers should NOT be allowed in the left lane. In fact there should be a special permit that only allows certain people in the left lane.

If you are in the left lane and people continually are on your butt you shouldn't be in the left lane. I know this from experience. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 511812)
I've got to say that i haven't noticed old people being the only ones that drive slowly in what we call the overtaking lane here. In fact, lately I've been pissed off with provisional drivers (around 19 yrs old usually) who like to just cruise in that lane.

Get the fuck outta the overtaking lane unless you're going past someone arsehole! I don't give a fuck how old you are or what sort of car you're driving. If you aren't overtaking, you shouldn't be in the right hand lane.

Yes, by the same token people shouldn't be comming into my slow lane passing people on the left.

I do however need to drive in the center lane just too keep my kid from sighing too much at my old lady driving which is never below the speed limit. I find myself mentioning to the passerbys that 'I' am following the legal speed limit but as they blur past me they do not seem to notice or take heed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 511883)
My inability to communicate without coming off as an asshole - maybe I am an asshole.

Being an asshole in real life is much better than being a lame human in real life but coming off as someone with a larger self esteem on the internet. Believe me. I truley wish I could be a bit beefier. IRL

I am sure if you could swap places with me your situation would not seem so bad.

What's blistering my groove? I have a major headache and eating an apple a day isn't helping with my sluggishness either.

TheMercenary 12-30-2008 07:34 AM

drink more coffee.

monster 01-05-2009 10:15 AM

100 swimmers and an email this morning that says, actually no, you can't use the pool.....

can't say any more right now (too freaking mad), maybe we'l sort it out, time is getting tight, though.......

fucking admin a-holes....mutter....mutter........

monster 01-30-2009 11:21 AM

Quickbooks

SteveDallas 01-30-2009 01:06 PM

What's scorching my groove? Well, there's . . ..

Damn near everything.

Pie 01-30-2009 01:26 PM

Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
If you read their site literally, there's no way for a foreign-born U.S. citizen to obtain a MD driver's license.
  • If you are a citizen, you must present your birth certificate from one of the 50 states, or failing that, a letter from the office of vital statistics in your state of birth that certifies that no record of you birth exists. Birth certificates from outside the US are not accepted.
  • If you are not a citizen, you can supply your passport.
I guess I'm SOL, then. :haha: Fuckers.