The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   talk like a pirate day is nearing ( sept 19th) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9162)

footfootfoot 09-18-2006 09:10 PM

Arrrr! Some o ye pirates be talkin in code don't ya know? Messages be hidden deep in the first word of every scurvy line that crosses their foul lips. Are ye ready to be speaking like a code talking pirate then? Hidden treasure is the mark of a true pirate!

Griff 09-19-2006 04:03 PM

Bite down on the leather son. Me thinks it'll be a long night. F3 has lain a challenge. You shouldn't be backing down from. Scurvey is the reward for the laggard. Dog you'll be ifn you don't have a go. :)

footfootfoot 09-19-2006 05:42 PM

Arrrg! Matey, your response comes awful quick ya know. I've been a wonderin' jest who'll be man enough to take the bait. Lost at sea these many years I've seen many a foul creature walk the plank. My word alone isn't enough, you'll need to see for yourself how bad the splinters are. Tweezers are no use to ya when you're down in davy jones locker.

Arrrr!

BigV 09-19-2006 06:43 PM

But it's peaceful quiet on th' bottom o' th' sea. Some splashin and thrashin at the start, sure. Messages soon reach yer brain that yer lungs, yer poor lungs, crushed an burnin, need relief! Arrrrrgh! Hidden from view beneath the waves, already fading from mem'ry. In rushes th' water when ye feel ye must finally burst! Plain sleep enfolds ye as settle into th arms o' Death. Sight is the last to go, but it feels like dreamin.

BigV 09-19-2006 06:53 PM

Check y'self, matey. The rules onboard ar strict an th penalties harsh. Top Dog is Under Toad. Shelfish he is in guardin th safety o th good ship "cellar". In case ye didn't know who's boat yer sailin on. The Captain. Medicine may soothe yer pains, and ye know where to look for it. Cabinet, y' addlepated bilge monkey, Liquor Cabinet!

lumberjim 09-19-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
addlepated bilgemonkey

this be yer new user title, matey. aye, it doth ring true.

BigV 09-20-2006 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
this be yer new user title, matey. aye, it doth ring true.

Shit.

I mean, Ok.

Accepting the gift honors the giver.

pssst. How long do I have to wear this hideous thing?

wolf 09-20-2006 10:59 AM

One week.

I wanted to report that I did, indeed, talk like a pirate at work yesterday.

After a lengthy explanation, they let me out.

Hoof Hearted 09-20-2006 12:07 PM

I anwered the phone "Ahoy, Matey!" all day. Everyone thought I was nutz but I had a blast. Didn't get anyone to walk the plank, though...

footfootfoot 09-20-2006 06:04 PM

Yes I'm the pirate, pilot
of this ship if I get with the ultraviolet dream
Hide from the red light beam
Now do you believe in the unseen?

Flint 09-20-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
lumberjim thinkest that Flint doth shrink from this challenge. Lo, does he not believe in his own might? has he not discovered the 18 threads about Sandra Day Oconnor? This can be done, I say, and with no great cost of strength. Say on, Flint. Be thy shy? Or dost thy ignore this deed thou hast been charged with for some hidden reason? Art thou nittering? Hast thou sand in thy vagina?

Sorry, lumberjim, a "talk like a pirate day" was all I could scrape together on such short notice. So . . . do you like me yet?

Griff 09-20-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
I wanted to report that I did, indeed, talk like a pirate at work yesterday.

After a lengthy explanation, they let me out.

Any chance we could get a transcript?

extemporaneous 09-20-2006 08:22 PM

argh means fuck you

fargon 09-20-2006 08:56 PM

I talk like a pirate everyday!!!

romuh doog 09-21-2006 07:10 AM

I can talk like a pirate but usually only after I've had a LOT of Captain Morgan. :eyebrow:

RUM. :D