The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   APB: Cellarites missing. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=8771)

Clodfobble 08-13-2006 05:11 PM

Glad to hear your life has improved so much since we last heard from you, stacey. Stick around for awhile!

slang 08-14-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
We know what you're doing....we just can't figure out which side you're on. :tinfoil:

The RIGHT side Bruce. :D

LabRat 08-14-2006 12:22 PM

Huh. Good to hear from you Stacey. How'd you end up getting into grooming? Glad to hear you're out of food service, but it makes me curious, has your health (.) improved?

xoxoxoBruce 08-14-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang
The RIGHT side Bruce. :D

That's funny, that's what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said to Mike Wallace. :lol:

slang 08-15-2006 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
That's funny, that's what Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said to Mike Wallace.

(dials the phone)

Cheney: Hello
Slang: Hey Dick....I know you like quail hunting with a shotgun, but have you ever hunted deer in south east Pa. ?
Cheney: Not in Pa, in Wyoming, yes. Why?
Slang: Oh, I was just wondering if I could hook you up with a friend of mine down there.
Cheney: he likes to get sho-....I mean hunt?

staceyv 08-15-2006 05:31 AM

I used to be a veterinary technician about 7 years ago and I was also staff at an animal shelter for almost 3 years back then, too. I had to stop working with animals because I developed cat allergies, but the shop I work at doesn't make me groom cats and they schedule most of them on my day off, so it works out.

I got into grooming because when I got my show girl I had to learn how to groom her for the ring and I just really enjoy making her look pretty. When I worked at the shelter, I always volunteered to give baths after feeding/ cleaning all morning. It's just something I like to do- I want to SEE something for my hard work- I love taking a smelly, dirty and disheveled dog and turning into into a fluffy, clean and pretty dog...

I quit my waitressing job last september because all of my hair fell out and I spent the last 10 months in the apartment waiting for my hair to grow and raising my puppies. My husband has been working his butt off and he makes enough money to support me now, so I was able to go into something I want to do that has sucky pay (at first, anyways). Before, I had to make money- that's the only reason I waitressed- and I never, ever enjoyed it for one second.

My health hasn't really improved- still can't eat most foods and still am confined to bed once a month for two days. I'll just have to call in sick if I can't make it and if they end up letting me go for that- well, I'm getting paid to learn a skill that I can do right from my own home or from any other shop.

...So there's the long answer :)

xoxoxoBruce 08-15-2006 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang
(dials the phone)

Cheney: Hello
Slang: Hey Dick....I know you like quail hunting with a shotgun, but have you ever hunted deer in south east Pa. ?
Cheney: Not in Pa, in Wyoming, yes. Why?
Slang: Oh, I was just wondering if I could hook you up with a friend of mine down there.
Cheney: he likes to get sho-....I mean hunt?

Oh you won't get me
you slithery C
You may get all the others
but you won't get me

You won't get me
'cause I don't hunt
Your plan won't work
you devious cu.......:p

wolf 08-18-2006 01:06 AM

Wow! Welcome back StaceyV!

mrnoodle 08-22-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
Whatever happened to mrnoodle? He hasn't posted in 2 months.

hi.

My brain got full over the summer with family illnesses, a death, work, da band, World of Warcraft addiction, DUI class, yardwork, and all that stuff. I didn't realize it had been 2 months :redface:

Still no time to go into detail on all that crap, but I'm still kicking.

Sup? :D

mrnoodle 08-22-2006 11:00 AM

And what the hell is in my signature?

Griff 08-22-2006 11:04 AM

Hey noodle! How's the music?

mrnoodle 08-22-2006 11:14 AM

We've been doing studio stuff but otherwise firmly in garage band mode for several months now. Just in the last week we've decided to get back in gigging mode and stop fooling around. Spent last weekend canvassing one town, will do another one this weekend. By October we should be playing out more often than not. Plus there are various battles of the bands to be signed up for, etc. etc. Probably hit the ski resorts at some point, there is good money to be made if you're willing to fight the weekend ski traffic.

Beestie 08-22-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
Wow! Welcome back StaceyV!

Seconded.

Iggy 08-24-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
Seconded.

Thirded. And here I thought that we had run her off... well, not me, but other cellar dwellars. Glad to see you came back, Stacey. :blush:

staceyv 08-24-2006 07:47 PM

This place is like the Hotel California.