The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Easter 2009! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20048)

Cicero 04-12-2009 11:40 AM

Easter 2009!

I will be boring you guys with my monochromatic eggs again this year.....Please feel free to post your Easter photos here!!! :D

Trilby 04-12-2009 11:41 AM

yeah, well, St. Patrick was a jerk!

oh....wrong holiday....

:bunny:

TheMercenary 04-12-2009 11:48 AM

Some oldlies but goodies.

http://www.clevelandseniors.com/family/easter-funny.htm

Griff 04-12-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 555608)
I will be boring you guys with my monochromatic eggs again this year.....Please feel free to post your Easter photos here!!! :D

We gave up organized religion for Lent this year. It worked out quite nicely. Anyway, that decision kind of reduced our level of organization which ironically lead to a lack of pagan symbolization...

xoxoxoBruce 04-12-2009 12:20 PM

What? :eek: No Peeps? Why do you hate Pennsylvania?:(

Griff 04-12-2009 12:25 PM

I will have a suitable Peep friendly cult developed by this time next year.

wolf 04-12-2009 12:33 PM

I don't celebrate the Resurrection, but do get into the bunnies and chickies and chocolate bit. Especially the chocolate.

Particularly because this is a tough year for momwolf, I went all out. Jellybean filled plastic eggs, Cadbury Cream and Caramel Eggs, Coholate bunnies (i'll end up eating momwolf's she's not really into those), and a pale pink (faux rayon) pashmina for momwolf, paisley one in blue, gold, and burgundy for me. Momwolf got a bonus necklace with a ladybug on it, I got Webkinz Clipz so I can play in Zumwheres.

No hardboiled eggs, we'll be getting our eggs in the quiche that I'm baking later for dinner.

Oh, there is an exceptionally cute Cake with pretty spring flowers and 3-D bumblebees.

xoxoxoBruce 04-12-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 555639)
I will have a suitable Peep friendly cult developed by this time next year.

Good for you. I can see it now, Peeps with rapiers on Mountain bikes, cutting a swath through the unjust. Can hardly wait. :haha:

Wolf, resurrection or not, it wouldn't be easter without chocolate. :thumb:

Sundae 04-12-2009 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a Cadbury's Creme Egg this year. Blame my Mum.
And a hot cross bun, and a muffin. Three separate days. What a good girl am I.

Also, Easter dinner was sans alcohol for the first time in living memory - Dad has a cold, Mum's not all that bothered (she had a bad night last night anyway) and the rest of us are officially teetotal. Mum thinks all my problems come from the fact I am an alcoholic - and doesn't understand when I tell her it's not that simple - so is obviously walking on eggshells re alcohol at the moment.

Below is me in my Easter finery.
Stalkers will notice this was also my Christmas finery.

You can just about see my black and white stripy tights though.
They're so cool.

Trilby 04-12-2009 02:55 PM

you look gorgeous, sweetie.

I have socks like that - black/white stripe.

xoxoxoBruce 04-12-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 555700)
You can just about see my black and white stripy tights though.
They're so cool.

I'd expect nothing less. :D

Sundae 04-12-2009 03:05 PM

You wait, I have seamed tights and fishnet tights too. I will show them off at an appropriate time ;)

SteveDallas 04-12-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 555719)
You wait, I have seamed tights and fishnet tights too. I will show them off at an appropriate time ;)

Perhaps an inappropriate time instead?:cool:

We've been up since 4:30AM... Mrs. Dallas played the sunrise service and we all went to hear it. Three services later (the kids did yeoman's duty on guitar, cello, trumpet, and voice), we're chilling. The kids are punchy, Mrs. Dallas is irritable at being woken from a nap, and I'm just bleary-eyed.

Griff 04-12-2009 04:24 PM

Very cute Sundae! Congrats on the booze deal.

I'm sore and tired from two straight days of work around the homestead. I think its relax with book time now.

Stress Puppy 04-12-2009 05:25 PM

I went for a walk just to see which stores would be open. The one that would have been useful to me was not.

Also, peeps are disgusting.