The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   WTF News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24810)

Nirvana 03-30-2011 07:14 PM

WTF News

This is not really weird news it is so WTF it needed it's own thread.

LINK

Win a Vasectomy From PETA!
It's a two-fer: Get your animal companion fixed, and get yourself fixed too! Human overpopulation is crowding out animal life on the planet, and dog and cat overpopulation is creating a euthanasia crisis that is a crying shame. Disappearing wilderness, vanishing water resources, and pollution is the price that future generations will pay for more human births, while losing their lives is the price that millions of homeless dogs and cats pay when guardians neglect to "fix" their companion animals.

Every year in the U.S., an estimated 6 to 8 million lost, abandoned, or unwanted dogs and cats enter animal shelters. The best way to combat the companion-animal overpopulation crisis is to have your cat or dog neutered. And with a global population of almost 7 billion humans, more of our species could use a (voluntary) snip too.
MORE

casimendocina 03-30-2011 07:15 PM

Wow!The marketing department was in overdrive on the day they came up with that.

HungLikeJesus 03-30-2011 07:55 PM

PETA is wacky, but I do think that over-population is the biggest problem we face.

infinite monkey 03-30-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 719821)
PETA is wacky, but I do think that over-population is the biggest problem we face.

Of pets or humans, or both?

glatt 03-30-2011 08:30 PM

I wouldn't trust PETA to line up the best vasectomy provider. Unless they let me pick the urologist, I'd pass.

zippyt 03-30-2011 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha !

classicman 04-05-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Man glued to Walmart toilet seat
Prank keeps victim stuck in restroom until emergency personnel arrive
Posted: Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:45 am

Man glued to Walmart toilet seat By Carl Hamilton cahamilton@cecilwhig.com Cecil Whig | 0 comments

Someone smeared superglue on a toilet seat in a public restroom in Elkton last week, setting a trap that caught an unwitting man, police and emergency workers confirmed Monday.

Officials wouldn't say how long the 48-year-old Cecil County man was stuck inside a men's bathroom at the Walmart in the 1000 block of East Pulaski Highway, before he was able to summon help.

Aliantha 04-05-2011 10:22 PM

Haha...that's funny.

classicman 05-12-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

The depressing story of 34-year-old San Francisco pageant mom Kerry Campbell, who gives her 8-year-old daughter Botox injections, made readers foam at the mouth after The Mommy Files brought the all-too-true tale to the public's attention. Kerry, looking to make her young daughter both famous and sexually alluring, "purchases Botox online and injects her 8-year-old daughter Britney with it." She also waxes her daughter's legs and bikini line in a chilling effort "to get rid of peach fuzz and to make sure she doesn't develop pubic hair later in life." Mom and daughter, named Britney (of course), appeared on Inside Edition today to explain.

INSIDE EDITION: "People watching this will say, this is child abuse."
CAMPBELL: "It's not child abuse. I'm not hurting my daughter. I take very good care of my daughter."
INSIDE EDITION: "You believe a lot of people in the pageant world are doing this?"
CAMPBELL: "I know a lot of people in the pageant world are doing it!"

Campbell, a beautician, claims to know other mothers who also give their daughters Botox.

The perverse mom also appeared on Good Morning America on Thursday to whore out her daughter some more. Mama Kerry revealed that Britney never actually requested the treatments, saying, "We talked about it. She didn't exactly ask me about it but I know that she was complaining about her face having wrinkles and things like that."

When asked if she would ever want to have waxing done again, Britney said, "no." We can only imagine what kind of treatment her mother will force upon her if and when she complains about her weight.
There is video also if you are so inclined... The media whores sure were.
I fit were up to me she'd have her kid taken away. That is SO f*cked up on so many levels.

Link

BigV 05-12-2011 01:38 PM

Not so much news as it is wtf question. "no stupid questions" though, right?

Are Christian girls more willing to engage in backdoor activities?

HungLikeJesus 05-12-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 733364)
Not so much news as it is wtf question. "no stupid questions" though, right?

Are Christian girls more willing to engage in backdoor activities?

Quote:

Sodomy isn't a sin if its with a chick. The backdoor is open house. Its fair, technically you have pulled the wool over gods eyes. Turns out he's pretty dumb.

classicman 05-12-2011 02:03 PM

and you found that ... how? :eyebrow:

Clodfobble 05-12-2011 02:11 PM

I had a female Indian friend in college who told me that Indian girls favored anal sex, not because it got around any kind of "sin" rules but because it preserved the culturally-critical virginity until marriage.

HungLikeJesus 05-12-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 733382)
and you found that ... how? :eyebrow:

I just opened the link and there it was.

classicman 05-12-2011 02:22 PM

I was referring to bIgv

BigV 05-12-2011 02:30 PM

just doing a little background work. some deep research. trying to get to the bottom of things, you know.

eta:

"sodomy" was, and in some places still is, defined as "unnatural sex". and that, my friend, is worthy of an entirely different thread of its own.

casimendocina 05-19-2011 08:23 AM

Magnum Chocolate Hotel Suite

If I get anywhere near this, I'll be nibbling on the edges of the bedspread.

http://www.fembat.com/madness/the-ma...arl-lagerfeld/

classicman 05-20-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

34-year-old San Francisco pageant mom Kerry Campbell, who gives her 8-year-old daughter Botox injections, made readers foam at the mouth after The Mommy Files brought the all-too-true tale to the public's attention.
UPDATE:
Quote:

LOS ANGELES (AP) — There are allegations that the woman who claimed she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox made up the whole thing. In a video on TMZ.com, Sheena Upton says the London tabloid the Sun had her pose holding a syringe to her daughter's face and had promised her $200. Upton says on the video, "Honestly, I don't even know what Botox is."

skysidhe 09-27-2011 11:30 PM

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...ry-potter.html

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...ry-potter.html

Canine star of Harry Potter film is now a shelter dog. ;(

skysidhe 09-27-2011 11:51 PM

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/446817...rnia-hospital/
Emma Coronel, the 22-year-old wife of Joaquin Guzman, crossed the border in mid-July and delivered her daughters at Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster on Aug. 15, the Los Angeles Times reported on its website Monday.

Coronel, a former beauty queen who holds U.S. citizenship, returned to Mexico after they were born. Because they were born in the U.S., her children also qualify for American citizenship.

Lamplighter 09-28-2011 07:54 AM

I guess no other American citizen has ever returned to the US to give birth... or maybe it's so newsworthy because she's a beauty queen.

But then, so little happens in Lancaster, maybe it made the news because the hospital got to use their Labor/Delivery suite for the third time this year.... or maybe someone is playing the race card

Spexxvet 09-28-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 759052)
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/446817...rnia-hospital/
Emma Coronel, the 22-year-old wife of Joaquin Guzman, crossed the border in mid-July and delivered her daughters at Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster on Aug. 15, the Los Angeles Times reported on its website Monday.

Coronel, a former beauty queen who holds U.S. citizenship, returned to Mexico after they were born. Because they were born TO A US CITIZEN, her children also qualify for American citizenship.

FTFMSNBS

skysidhe 09-28-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 759064)
I guess no other American citizen has ever returned to the US to give birth... or maybe it's so newsworthy because she's a beauty queen.

But then, so little happens in Lancaster, maybe it made the news because the hospital got to use their Labor/Delivery suite for the third time this year.... or maybe someone is playing the race card

oh, crap. No, not race per se .I Left out the pertinent information.
She is the wife of Joaquin Guzman, a Mexican drug lord.

Maybe she just wanted better health care.

classicman 09-28-2011 10:48 AM

I too saw that sky, I thought I posted it somewhere...

skysidhe 09-28-2011 11:02 AM

It was definetly WTF. I am glad she had girls. I can't view them as future little drug cartels with American citizenship.

Now, what about poor old pad foot. I hope he finds a home.

Trilby 09-28-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 759064)
I guess no other American citizen has ever returned to the US to give birth...

Jack Donaghy and his wife Avery fled Canada to give birth to their daughter (so she would be eligilbe for President) but that was on a Tv Show, so...

infinite monkey 09-28-2011 11:21 AM

An American citizen has her babies in America, making them Americans too.

And there was a thought that they were doing that to help business someday? Crap, there goes that war on drugs...previously SO successful now it's shot all to hell because some damn American Citizen had babies in America. It's done, people. It's over. We've lost.

*hangs head in shame and slinks away*

:lol:

buttless 09-28-2011 11:25 AM

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

classicman 09-28-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

The young wife of Mexico's most wanted drug lord has given birth to twin girls at a hospital in California

returned to Mexico after they were born. Because they were born in the U.S., her children also qualify for American citizenship. Birth certificates listed Coronel as the mother of the girls, but the spaces for the father's name are blank.

Coronel was not arrested because there are no charges against her.

Guzman is a multibillionaire who is widely considered the world's wealthiest drug trafficker. Guzman reached a new level of fame — or infamy — two years ago when he made Forbes magazine's list of the 67 "World's Most Powerful People." At No. 41, he was just below Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei while topping Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez — No. 67 — and France's Nicolas Sarkozy — No. 56.
The issue has nothing to do with her, it is the father who is relevant.

Lamplighter 09-28-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 759134)
The issue has nothing to do with her, it is the father who is relevant.

Yes, that was my point too.

classicman 09-28-2011 04:48 PM

I must be missing something.

skysidhe 09-28-2011 07:18 PM

Taken on face value,she went back home. She obviously loves him and don't forget, he trusted her to come and do what's best for herself and her kids. What else is there to know? All is good. :p

Now who's going to adopt poor old pad foot?

ZenGum 09-28-2011 08:27 PM

Given that they're the kids of a drug boss, I'd say they're chances of becoming president are slim to start with.

Hang on, I just thought of the current field of candidates. Hmmm. Maybe not.

classicman 09-28-2011 10:29 PM

Isn't she his 4th or 5th wife? Given his profession, I shudder to think of what happened to the first ones.

TheMercenary 10-04-2011 09:37 AM

Twin Peaks!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/....cnn?hpt=hp_t2

Clodfobble 10-06-2011 08:29 AM

There's one of those near me. We almost accidentally went in once, and only realized just in time that it was a boobies restaurant with shitty bar food. :)

Gravdigr 10-11-2011 03:43 PM

Oh Those Amish!

1 Attachment(s)
from AP, via Yahoo!News

Attachment 34462

Hair. Mullet Bros. :lol2:

Trilby 10-11-2011 03:47 PM

The Amish.

Always good for a laugh.

And a barn. Or quilt. Or a quilted barn.

Lamplighter 10-11-2011 04:25 PM

The Mullets were jealous of his mullet

Nirvana 10-17-2011 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
um what?

Griff 10-17-2011 05:51 PM

Oh my.

jimhelm 10-17-2011 06:49 PM

that's an old joke

Griff 10-17-2011 07:24 PM

Ahhh Baaach!

footfootfoot 10-17-2011 07:28 PM

along the lines of "I was driving into a tunnel and I saw the sign that said "please remove your sunglasses when entering tunnel" and I thought, How did they know I was wearing sunglasses?

classicman 10-18-2011 10:18 AM

oh boy.

Nirvana 10-18-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 764507)
that's an old joke

It was in a local newspaper. I think the guy also wrote in to say he and his family were upset by the slow children signs too! :confused:

Lamplighter 10-18-2011 10:40 AM

Colton, OR has two signs at an intersection:

[ Colton Elementary School -> ]
[ Shooting Range -> ]

ZenGum 10-18-2011 09:31 PM

FAILBLOG recenly showed two signs on one post.

Children at play.
Shotgun hunting only.

Pico and ME 10-19-2011 11:23 AM

Lions and Tigers and Bears!

IM be careful on the way home, girl! Don't get eaten. :D

infinite monkey 10-19-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 765176)
Lions and Tigers and Bears!

IM be careful on the way home, girl! Don't get eaten. :D

Even scarier, Pico, my family is going to really near Zanesville (hocking hills) this weekend. Wouldn't it be totally freaky to see a tiger?

Pico and ME 10-19-2011 11:32 AM

Just as long as it was from inside of their car.

Because they have been held in captivity for so long, I don't think these animals are going to be a real threat to anyone...but I certainly wouldn't want to test that theory.

Pico and ME 10-19-2011 11:37 AM

:facepalm:

OMG...I just saw the other thread.

NEVERMIND.

:nuts:

infinite monkey 10-19-2011 11:41 AM

You can never have too much stuff about escaped dangerous wild animals!

I know because that's been the chatter in the office. All. Day.

;)

Gravdigr 10-19-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 765198)
You can never have too much stuff about escaped dangerous wild animals!

Yabbut, they didn't excape. Dude let 'em out.

Popdigr and one of his hunting buddies hunted southern Illinois several yrs ago. Popdigr came back to the truck one morning to find his buddy already there. They had the typical conversation about what did ya see, etc. The plan was for hunting buddy to stay on stand all day, and Pop asked him why he got down early. He said that, about dawn, mountain lions started yowling, close. He didn't know what to think at first, then it dawned on him what he was hearing. He said every hair on his head stood up then. He also said that was the first time he'd ever hunted defensively, and did so all the way to the truck. Said he felt like he was back in Korea during the war. They talked to game wardens later that day, and were told that some guy just up the road had a dozen or so mountain lions in a huge pen, and that there were no loose/wild mountain lions in the vicinity.

They finished their hunting elsewhere.

TheMercenary 10-19-2011 02:10 PM

Crazy old goat.

TheMercenary 10-20-2011 05:02 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1015968.html

Trilby 10-20-2011 06:36 AM

Lima beans is as good a reason as any.

:D

Trilby 10-20-2011 06:46 AM

last night I heard on CBS that there are 2400 Bengal tigers left in the world and that dude in Zanesville had 18 of them and THEY WERE ALL SHOT BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. 18 Bengal tigers shot because some asshole decided to take himself out.

This upsets me.

infinite monkey 10-20-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 765495)
last night I heard on CBS that there are 2400 Bengal tigers left in the world and that dude in Zanesville had 18 of them and THEY WERE ALL SHOT BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. 18 Bengal tigers shot because some asshole decided to take himself out.

This upsets me.

Me too. It's very sad.

Our wonderful Gov Kasich let Strickland's ban on exotic animals expire. He said it wasn't workable.

Quote:

Before leaving office, former Gov. Ted Strickland issued a ban barring people from bringing exotic animals into Ohio.

It also prohibited people convicted of animal cruelty, like Terry Thompson, from owning exotic animals.

Under that plan, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources would have been in charge of enforcing the ban, but the governor said that would have exceeded their authority.

Kasich defended his actions on Wednesday.

"What had been proposed frankly wasn't workable," said Kasich. "The complications connected to this and as a result we formed a working group."
Quote:

If some sort of action isn't taken soon, Ohio will continue to be one of a handful of states with virtually no regulation or private ownership of dangerous wild animals.
In Ohio. Tenth in the nation in population density.

Kasich is a fart. Anything Strickland did he ripped apart. (I'm a poet and I know it.)

Poor guy was depressed and pissed off so he let all the animals go before killing himself. Fuck him. I hope there's a special hell for him.

http://www.onntv.com/content/stories...nimal-law.html

Spexxvet 10-20-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 765495)

This upsets me.

Why are we outsourcing our tigers?! They took our tigers' jobs!