The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What bits are you missing? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19741)

monster 03-07-2009 04:41 PM

What bits are you missing?

Choco's idea following Cloud's bad news about needing surgery.... What internal organs and other body parts are you missing? (that you used to have). Is there an interesting story about it?

Plus, we'll take sanity as a given, and hair on the men over 30 (:p) .... and also that I'm insensitive because you lost whatever it was on 9/11.... [/killjoy]

I am missing my tonsils (removed as a child) and 4 molars removed for the purposes od reducing overcrowding. That's about it. Oh and a suspect mole I had on my shoulder. I'm more complete than I feel!

Beest is missing half his thyroid and two wisdom teeth, all removed since we came to the USA -what is it with you people? :lol: :p

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 04:43 PM

I still have my damn tonsils.

I'm missing the meniscus cartilage in my left knee, basketball injury. All my wisdom teeth, gone.

And a thumbnail. I'm missing that. Where can I get a replacement thumbnail?

:p

monster 03-07-2009 04:56 PM

I wonder hoe close to a complete missing body we can get? Has anyone had a heart transplant?

Undertoad 03-07-2009 04:59 PM

tonsils, wisdom teeth, one molar, attention span, confidence, looks.

monster 03-07-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 542567)
looks.

that, young man, will get you on report.

why do you feel you've lost your looks? I think you look fine right now -what the hell did you used to look like?

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 05:09 PM

Seriously. You're cute as hell. :)

Chocolatl 03-07-2009 05:11 PM

So far, I am only missing my gallbladder. I can't help but imagine a little empty space where it used to be, and I always imagine that that area of my abdomen is concave, now.

I spent a long time insisting I needed to have my wisdom teeth removed, only to find out recently that I don't have any in the first place.

I guess if anyone has had Lasik, we might have a few pieces of eyeball missing?

monster 03-07-2009 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:yum:

monster 03-07-2009 05:16 PM

So

tonsils
wisdom teeth
gall bladder
thumbnail
half a thyroid
knee cartilage

Monster's Frankenstein is still somewhat incomplete..... we need more body parts!

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 542574)
So far, I am only missing my gallbladder. I can't help but imagine a little empty space where it used to be, and I always imagine that that area of my abdomen is concave, now.

I spent a long time insisting I needed to have my wisdom teeth removed, only to find out recently that I don't have any in the first place.

I guess if anyone has had Lasik, we might have a few pieces of eyeball missing?

Oh yeah, I'm missing my front tooth. Bridged now, but it happened in 2nd grade after I was chasing Steve on the playground. I fell and my tooth went up into my head...surgeries later they bridged it but not until I turned 18 and my head stopped growing. It's like caps only the left front one isn't hooked to anything.

Poor Sister Norbertine called my mom and was crying because she thought if she found my tooth they could replant it. Turned out it was behind my nose. LOL.

Choco...how can you not know you didn't have wisdom teeth? They're very crowding. :)

Undertoad 03-07-2009 05:21 PM

thanks you gals

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 542572)
what the hell did you used to look like?

on left

http://cellar.org/2007/tonyjoe-b.jpg

Chocolatl 03-07-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 542579)
Choco...how can you not know you didn't have wisdom teeth? They're very crowding. :)

That's why I thought I had them! My mouth has always felt very crowded and I was convinced I had a few wisdom teeth to remove. I finally asked the last time I was at the dentist and he was baffled -- no wisdom teeth on the x-ray. Apparently this is what people's mouths feel like all the time?

Shawnee123 03-07-2009 05:31 PM

I've heard that sometimes people don't have wisdom teeth. In my case they never surfaced but were threatening my other teeth. I went completely under for removal, having been given a choice. I did not need to go though what I went through with my teeth as a kid and young adult. It was constant, it seemed. Orthodotic appts were just another thing to do during the week, as they tried to fix me.

monster 03-07-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 542582)
That's why I thought I had them! My mouth has always felt very crowded and I was convinced I had a few wisdom teeth to remove. I finally asked the last time I was at the dentist and he was baffled -- no wisdom teeth on the x-ray. Apparently this is what people's mouths feel like all the time?

it's pretty common to be missing teeth -not just wisdom teeth.

i want more body parts....

...oh and toad, i prefer the updated version :D

jinx 03-07-2009 05:45 PM

Just a mole and a molar, no organs or anything really cool, sorry...