The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nirvana Philosophy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17228)

Mystic Rythm 05-12-2008 05:13 AM

Nirvana Philosophy

The objects of sense in the ever changing world are what we adhere to as things of reality. But in the ocean of birth and death, they drown us. How long shall we wander on these paths of dreams? This world to us indeed seems permanent and fixed; yet after all what is it, but road of mirages to which life after life we must return. He, who is forgetful of the self, is the one who wanders all over the sphere in hazy consciousness always returning to the starting point. The awakening for such a dream walker will only be like an illumination of eternity to him.

classicman 05-12-2008 11:06 AM

Ok, my mind just exploded [insert image from scanners here]
too much for a Monday.

Trilby 05-12-2008 11:21 AM

dude, you should see some of mystic's poetry. Like, wow.

Stormieweather 05-12-2008 12:17 PM

I get it (i think).

smoothmoniker 05-12-2008 12:34 PM

put down the weed, and slowly back away from the Buddhism

classicman 05-12-2008 12:50 PM

lol - I love his stuff - I just can't do it on a Monday after the weekend I had - thats all.

Cicero 05-12-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Rythm (Post 452921)
The objects of sense in the ever changing world are what we adhere to as things of reality. But in the ocean of birth and death, they drown us. How long shall we wander on these paths of dreams? This world to us indeed seems permanent and fixed; yet after all what is it, but road of mirages to which life after life we must return. He, who is forgetful of the self, is the one who wanders all over the sphere in hazy consciousness always returning to the starting point. The awakening for such a dream walker will only be like an illumination of eternity to him.

If you aren't a hungry ghost, what would your suggestion be then? You don't say what happens to the solipsistic, what of the ones that do not forget themselves? Is there the alternative or was this merely a buddhist trolling?
:D

Aliantha 05-12-2008 09:43 PM

Very few people ever wake up and realize that they're not in control of anything in their lives. We're all victims of where we've been and who we've known and what we've done. People think they're free thinkers. That they make up their own minds. This is funny. Figure out why you think the things you do and you'll realize you don't have an original thought in your mind. Your perspective is determined by the society you live in. You are not awake. You're sleepwalking through life while others around you mold you and turn you every which way...without even knowing it.

smoothmoniker 05-12-2008 11:00 PM

horshit.

Aliantha 05-12-2008 11:07 PM

I'm sure that's what you believe. :) But we all start from nothing, and we learn one little thing, which leads to the next, and then those prelearned things bias how we learn the next thing...which all leads to hor[se]shit for you.

lumberjim 05-12-2008 11:23 PM

happy phantom?

skysidhe 05-13-2008 12:24 AM

Living in the now. Waking up and being in the present. Such a trendy philosopy right now.

Is that kinda like alzheimer's? living in the now?

Aliantha 05-13-2008 10:35 PM

I don't think it's like alzheimers. That's a horrible disease. Apparently enlightenment is quite pleasant.

xoxoxoBruce 05-13-2008 10:37 PM

Sure, ask any double belly button Christian.

Aliantha 05-13-2008 10:43 PM

Do you have to be Christian to be enlightened?