The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

SteveDallas 04-11-2007 11:28 PM

Of course they do. Knowledge like that will come in handy if he writes in a gerbil. You know, a gerbil . . . like a book of paper you can write stuff in. (Credit my daughter, from about the same age.)

luvclowns 04-15-2007 09:18 AM

This is a great thread....gotta love the way kids minds work.

My grandson will be 4 next month....several months ago he was playing doctor with mommy and checked her eyes and ears and nose. All was okay. Then he said, "Open your mouth big Mommy!" She did, he looked in and saw the uvula (hanging thing) in the back of her mouth and said, "Mommy! You have a pecker in your mouth!"

Aliantha 04-18-2007 09:34 PM

Last night we were talking to the kids about being an organ donor and we were explaining the whole process to them, including the fact that in most cases, if we donate organs it's because we've died before we were old and our organs were used up. Obviously this meant that the kids made the connection to us maybe dying while we're still youngish, so it led to a discussion about burials and funerals etc.

After we'd stopped chatting, my son Aden sat and thought for a minute and then asked, "Mum, when you die, do you want to be crucified or buried". I told him I didn't really care, but that I'd rather be cremated than crucified.

rkzenrage 04-18-2007 10:05 PM

Not me... if I had a choice I would much rather be crucified! In my leather jacket, sprinkled with birdseed!

Aliantha 04-19-2007 01:36 AM

You want the birds to eat you?

rkzenrage 04-19-2007 02:27 AM

Yup.

LabRat 04-19-2007 09:02 AM

This morning, dad was in the shower, I was brushing my teeth and the pup was on the floor with her blanket. Dad made a comment about a 'f*ckin' show... and I said WHAT!! since the little one was right there. She pipes back with, ''he said ...puppet show, mom.''

He's lucky he gets to let that swear word slide... :rolleyes:

Sheldonrs 04-19-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 335032)
Not me... if I had a choice I would much rather be crucified! In my leather jacket, sprinkled with birdseed!

I don't blame you. I want to die getting nailed with peckers all over me too.

Urbane Guerrilla 04-20-2007 05:03 AM

There's a famous one from the theatre, starring Rex Harrison IIRC:

During a performance of My Fair Lady, Rex had gas. And then he couldn't hold it any more:

"Manners? My manners are the same as Colonel Pickering's." --BRRRRAAPP! Brought the house down.

It's almost too bad it didn't, er, transpire in an earlier scene:

"Pickering, this is going to be ghastly."

[SFX]

"You're right, Higgins. It is ghastly."

Phil 04-20-2007 06:16 AM

a friends daughter was allowed to go to the bar to get herself a snack. she asked the barmaid "are you a man?" the barmaid said "no sweetheart, i'm a woman. what can i get you?" friends daughter ordered her snack, took it from the barmaid and said "wel, you look like a man to me."

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 10:21 AM

Damn! It got chilly in here~

SteveDallas 05-24-2007 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't wait to see how Young Master Dallas' teacher reacts to this bit of homework.

Shawnee123 05-24-2007 05:16 PM

Excellent, STeve! A chip off the old block.

My niece and family were eating pizza one night, and Jeopardy was on the kitchen tv. The "answer" was "what is a pond?" Anna, totally incredulous, says "That guy doesn't even know what a POND is!"

SteveDallas 05-24-2007 06:15 PM

Not really... I prefer a modest sedan myself.

piercehawkeye45 05-25-2007 01:58 AM

HAHA, you teach him steve.